She gave me the courage

"Mommy." Clarke turned around at the voice and smiled at the dirty haired blonde running up to her hands behind his back .

"Hey there how's my favorite son ?" She asked taking him in, he smiled this big grin, a grin that reminded her so much his Mama, his hands tucked behind his back letting out a giggle. " what do you have hiding behind your back young man?"

"It's a surprise." He whispered "But I can't show mommy yet."

Clarke arched a brow "Mm? Why not honey?"

He grins "Because, because mommy promised me a story .. and we don't break our promises right?" He checks and Clarke laughs a little at the stern yet confused look on his face.

"Right. We don't break our promises, because promises we make are very important, so what story would you like to hear honey?"

He steps a closer, before taking a seat beside the blonde completely forgetting to hide his little surprise. A smile makes its way onto her lips at the sight of it.

"I don't know." He frowns in thought "My favorite one!" He exclaimed throwing his surprise into the air.

"Oh where'd you get this Altair?"

Altair blushed "I made it."

My eyes widened a bit "You made it?"

He nods "mmm I saw it in my book, and todays' a special day, so I made it for you mommy."

Clarke's smile widened , as she caressed the white petals "it's beautiful baby.. thank you."

"Now my story?" He asked with a pout

"Okay.. once upon a time..." I started and his eyes twinkled "There was Queen."

Clarke hummed threading my fingers through his short blonde locks "Yes the Queen was strong, kind, funny, sweet and was my favorite person in the world.. until you came along of course."

Altair giggled "I'm your favorite?"

"You are, am I your favorite?" She asked in return

He hesitated "I don't know, I have lots of favorites, my favorite cakes, my favorite story.. there's so many to choose." He whined

Clarke snorted "That's okay honey,you can have plenty of favorites." She paused before continuing "Trouble was brewing, after the Queen defeated the evil lady in red, she was given news. News that gave the kingdom two months to prepare for the possibility of Earth being destroyed again.."

Altair leaned forward eyes wide "and then ?"

"The Queen and her loyal friends set out on a quest. A quest to save the world, they travelled to Russia , the land was covered in snow and ice, after Russia they went the United Kingdom. Then China. The Queen and her friends saved those countries but then they received emergency news from a little bird.."

"Aunt raven!" Altair interjected

"Yes your aunt Raven. Your aunt Raven gave the Queen terrible news, she told the brave Queen that they only had five hours before the yellow wave of smoke came..." She trailed off , Altair's eyes were wide with anticipation, even though he's heard the story hundreds of times before.

"What did the Queen do?"

Clarke's eyes turns slightly glassy at the memory "Your mama.."

"Looked right into your mommy's eyes, she found the strength to do what was needed to be done to make sure everyone was safe, your mommy's eyes gave her the courage to save Earth. That means your mama wasn't the only hero that saved earth, she may have stopped the wave of yellow smoke but your mommy saved her and will continue to save her until the end of their days..." the voice said from behind them.