Im tempted to call on Jesus

Location : Astra City, Central Plaza
Date 13th January 2150

The flight from the Arkers destroyed home took an hour, despite these people being accustomed to technology that didn't stop their awe filled expressions when Captain Lance landed the only aircraft they had at the moment capable of transporting more than two people.

Clarke wasn't as surprised as the rest of her people and she knew her lover was planning on using and repurposing the rest of the aircrafts they found at the pentagons Air Force base, some corroded over time but Asteria was sure that once they get through their current crisis , her engineers which now included Raven would leap at the opportunity to fix the aircrafts of the old world.

The pleasant sight of the capital in sight calmed the Queen, though as the plaza slowly filled with citizens, she remembered where not even a month ago she addressed them in the same way, but her speech then was much more joyful than the message she carried today.

Her gaze rove over the crowd, her call was strange, usually she'd make a address on holidays, special days. Not just a plain old Monday.

Even in this post-apocalyptic world , the phrase blue Monday went gained traction.

Her mind flashed with the image of these peoples grandparents before them gathering as they did now.

The news she shared then and the news she carries today had a small difference though. Then she was able to inspire them to use the Apocalypse as a driving force and today she was hoping to inspire hope .

Naturally she wasn't an optimist. She was a realist, that was her thing, she kept to facts and truth but today she hoped she could draw on the support of the blonde standing beside her.

Drones buzzed in the sky above, she raised her eyes to meet the small cameras attached, this was a public and live address like all the others but for some reason she's never felt more nervous, perhaps it was the blissfully ignorant expression on their faces, or the twinkle of joy in the children's eyes.

She closed her eyes momentarily, she couldn't show fear, as much as she claimed this was just a job , she loved her people, ruling and serving them gave her a purpose, something worth living for, they were that reason for 97 years, then a certain blonde barreled into her life and the possibility of living eternity no longer tasted bitter , no longer made her yearn for death... her people gave her purpose and Clarke gave her hope .

Both equally important and she couldn't have one without the other.

Her fingers tightened around the wooden podium, the tight grip cracked the wood, she winced inwardly and eased her anxious grip "I'm afraid I've called this address because there is information that has come to light. As you all know we faced an age old enemy, the very reason of the apocalypse, the good news is that we beat her, she's gone forever and always but she did not go without imparting news that shook me down to my very core." She said honestly, she tried focusing on certain point, but the faces ranged from confusion, to trepidation, some mothers holding their children tightly against them, fathers pulling their wives closer. Her words were ominous that much she knew, and her people knew that too, to them she was impenetrable and to be shaken gave them the terrifying clue that this might not be something they'd want to hear, but she didn't stop, they needed to understand the severity of their situation

"There are eight active nuclear reactors across the globe. They haven't been maintained for the last 97 years. You don't have to have an understanding of nuclear physics to realize where I'm going with this. Those reactors are preparing to erupt and when it does a wave of radiation will sweep across Earth, destroying everything in its path." She paused a moment allowing them to have the information sink in