Run with me?

We were born in space. They told us the ground was uninhabited. But they were wrong. And we've been fighting for our lives since the moment we landed.

Clarke stops by the gates and watched her friends enter the gates. She notices Raven looking to the skies.

Some of us have been broken by it. But most of us are still here, searching for survivors from the Ark, trying to build something real and lasting out the wilderness. A home. Our leaders believe that, to survive, we need to make peace with the grounders. But peace is a foreign concept here.

She follows the girls eye line and catches a glimpse in the sky, going somewhere they can't follow. Somewhere raven can't follow.

Flashback

Clarke walked into the Dante's former office and finds her mother having a heated discussion or rather a one sided discussion because she notes golden eyes watch her every movement.

"She's an Arker, she can't leave as chancellor it's my job to keep my people safe and Raven and Monty are my people." Abby argues

Clarke furrows her brow "Mom.. what's going on?"

Abby turned to face her "The Queen." She spits the title as if it's venomous which earns a smirk from said Queen. "Says they'll be taking Raven and Monty  the leave with the rest of the survivors."

The blondes heart twinged , her mind repeats the names Raven and Monty , not her. She didn't even know she wanted to leave but it hurts. She glanced at the Queen who watched her carefully but she masks up the hurt as quickly as it came. She swallows "Shouldn't it be raven and Monty's choice? If they want to leave?"

Abby opened her mouth but Asteria cuts her off "It is. They have both spoken to me, they wish to join me and my people. I don't blame them. They want a better life than what your camp can offer them."

"We need Raven! And we need Monty both of them are vital to our camp. They will be staying and that's the end of it." With her piece said the chancellor left the office briskly.

"Your mother is certainly a piece of work, had anyone else spoken to me in that manner they would be enjoying a few weeks in prison." Asteria remarks

Clarke shakes off the comment, she doesn't even need to ask why. She's seen the loyalty these people showed their Queen.

"So Raven and Monty." She started "they'll be pissed once they find out my mothers basically banned them from leaving."

"I know. It'll be quite the show."Asteria laughed "What about you Clarke ? What's a talented girl like you going to be doing now that this is all over?"

Clakre shrugged and looked at the other paintings in the office, some of it belonged to Dante but the rest was done by the Queen in her short stay. The question is phrased differently but it's the same one Lexa asked moments before betraying her "I'm not sure. I've never thought past Mount weather and getting my people back."

"And what if I offered you to join me?"

Clarke's breath hitches "My mother would have a cow."

Asteria's lips twitched "Oh she will. She'll see me as the Dangerous Queen running off with her princess for some insidious plot"

Clarke snorted "Sounds like a fairytale plot."  She said but she noticed the woman is no longer behind her desk instead she feels the presence of someone behind her.

"Oh if it was a fairytale then I'd be the prince running off with the fair princess from another land." Was whispered by her ear "But I'm no prince."