I hear voices in my head

Space
Location-Ark/ Skybox
Year -2149

Clarke's POV

I feel the warmth of the sun on my face, I see the trees all around me, scent of wildflowers on a breeze. It's so beautiful. In this moment, I'm not stranded in space.

It's been 97 years since the nuclear apocalypse happened, 97 years since humans were forced to leave their homes and make a new home in space to keep the human race surviving. 97 years since the nuclear war destroyed Earth and left it simmering with radiation.

I sighed out softly , even though I try to imagine how it feels I couldn't possibly know. Books and videos of the world pre bombs didn't do much to quench my curiosity, it was more the kind of curiosity that could only be quenched once you actually experienced the real thing. But it's been 97 years since Earth was exposed to such a high level of destruction an despite my wishful thinking I didn't think I'd see earth and feel the sun of my face or be surrounded by tall green trees anytime soon.

Soon my eyes felt heavier and I succumbed to the sleep despite my stomach gurgling in protest, after being sentenced to the sky box after learning the arks secrets I've become used to feeling the gnawing out of hunger in my gut.

The guards weren't kind, isolation from my fellow Arkers was a must. They were afraid that the first person I saw would be privy to the secrets I found. While I would do it, they didn't have to me isolated with nothing but my drawings to keep me company. Drawings of a better place, a warmer place.

~Dream ~

As usual my dreams start out with me sunbathing in the sun.

Without warning the warmth of the sun is gone , prompting me to open my eyes, instead of the clear blue skies I've become accustomed to , the sky is now filled with a multitude of stars and I'm sure I can see a few constellations that shouldn't be possible without a telescope.

"What.." my words were cut off when the stars seem to take another form, it was strange yet beautiful to watch the millions of stars take a humanoid silhouette. Maybe my hunger plays a bigger part than I thought.

"Clarke Griffin, Daughter of Abigail and Jake Griffin."

I blinked unbelievably , shooting up to my feet and looking all worn down for the the discombobulated voices echoing in my ears "Who, where are you!?" I asked clutching my chest in fear.

The voice continued as if her fear wasn't something they cared for or at least expected "We are everywhere and everything. Clarke Griffin you have been chosen." The riddle was vague and makes her heart pound even faster.

The words made her blink incredulously, instead of focusing of the mysterious riddle she focuses on the part where she's been chosen for something. "Chosen for what?"

The voices doesn't say anything instead the stars retreats and returns to the constellations before, and soon the dark skies are gone replaced with the clear blue skies, but she feels a breeze through the trees, and if she isn't entirely going bat shit insane she swears it whispers as it passes her.

"All will be revealed soon dear child.."

~~~~~~