Coming clean 1

Location: Astra city (Orions Keep)
Date : 5th January 2150

"Things are escalating, our scouts were forced to retreat. The coup was successful and the forces the commander sent to guard the Arkers has been killed in their sleep."

Asteria sighed "That wasn't a peacekeeping force. She has information about us. Have you not heard the reports of them sniffing around our borders as of late?"

Aiden nodded "I have, they haven't come close, the border patrol captain has been doubling down on patrols but perhaps it's time we tell the people that we may be going to war soon?"

Asteria hummed "I will do nothing" when Aiden opened his mouth "No.. not until all my pieces are in place. Make sure to give Sullivan the go ahead to extract raven and Monty from their camp. I don't want either in the cross fire. The commander will surely retaliate against the massacre of her people. Pull out scouts back, I'll be sending the ghosts to watch proceedings."

Aiden pursed his lips "May I ask what pieces your grace is waiting for?"

Asteria side eyed her loyal commander "Perhaps it's time I tell you. The man you believe we have in floukru is but one of many. In fact that entire clan are ours."

Aiden brows screwed in disbelief "how long your grace?"

Asteria sighed "Do you remember the young girl I saved.. years ago? Your brothers.. you all met her?"

Aiden tried to remember but he didn't spend time with the girl. He was trying to get into the cadet program and impress his parents and his godmother .. "Luna.." the name tasted foreign on his tongue but the longer he thought about it the clearer the picture became "Charlie was enamored with her." He recalled

Asteria snorted "Yes.. yes he was. Now Luna had it in her head that she owed me.Long story short she infiltrated the coalition as 'Floukru' and has been doing an amazing job in taking out those children trafficking rings as well as the sex slave groups. But those kinds of people are like hydras , cut off one head and three more grows in its place." She spat venomously, she had to bide her time, soon she'd eradicate all of them.The ghosts would be delighted to do the job.

Aiden shook his head "I never expected it." He admits looking ashamed

Asteria shook her head "You're my sharpest man. If you didn't expect it then there's no way the commander does and that works in our favor."

••••••••

Location : 10 miles north of Camp Jaha (Arkadia)

Sullivan tried calming his nerves, his team watched him worriedly but they knew why he was on edge. A few hours ago his CO gave him the clear to extract Monty and Raven from Arkadia.

But recent events made it more difficult than it would usually be. So they decided to send in a cell of three to infiltrate the now militaristic camp.

"Calm down Cap. Cristina is one of our best. She'll bring your girl outta there." Lehigh remarked not even bothering to look at his captains rapid pacing. He put his eye to the sniper tranquilizer gun they'd been clear to use.

Sullivan said nothing in response instead raised the binoculars just as communication came through.

-come in, we are a clear , package heading your way now-

Sullivan breathed a sigh of relief "Copy that"

He gestured to his men "Let's get packed up , we're heading home boys."

•••••••••••

"How do you feel?" Clarke turns to face her new friend? Yes friend over the past few days the two of them bonded. They didn't have much in common besides both sharing a love for the arts. Luna was more musically inclined while Clarke focused on drawing and painting. But that was enough.