A spacewalkers fate.

Location : Astra City (Orions keep)
Year : 2149

Asteria's POV

"The boy Finn Collins committed mass murder, murdering 10 unarmed women, 11 men and 9 children."

I blinked "Excuse me."

"Finn collins has murdered —"

"No , no I heard you. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't still drunk. Why the hell would he murder so many people? And children too? I mean sure they're not as civilized or the most forward thinking people but that's vicious.." I said massaging the migraine starting to form in the middle of my forehead.

"That's not all your grace, our latest report says that that Miss Griffin has returned to camp, her people killed the savage she escaped with. Marcus Kane was taken by them and then later released on conditions. From the way things are going and our contacts in Polis, we know that the commander has made her way to TonDC for talks."

"Talks.. well I don't think they're just going to let it go that this boy murdered thirty of their people in one fell swoop." I muttered "Their whole 'blood must have blood' trope is still their code."

Aiden nodded in agreement but he seemed to be holding something back "If I may your grace?"

I watched him carefully and waved a hand for him to continue "go ahead commander."

"I think it would be best if we have a force move to the surrounding arrears, our scouts have been valuable but if we want to open dialogue with the Arkers it's best we get to them before the savages do. They might strike up an alliance that would give us a bit more trouble in the long run." Aiden suggested.

I mulled the idea over in my head, it was sound but I wasn't going to be sending someone to open dialogue with the Arkers, If so I would be going myself, observe them situation and make the appropriate calls. Besides since my sexual relief has all but gone to the dumps, I've been rather pent up and good fight could get my blood flowing better. Of course I wouldn't give these reasons to Aiden. I would be going to negotiate a peace treaty or possibly adopting the Arkers as my own people.

"Out of all those Arkers, who would you say holds the most sway ?" I asked curiously.

"Marcus Kane is a militaristic leader, our intel says his the current chancellor. Abby Griffin also holds significant power, she's the best doctor and has contributed to the Arkers safety. There is Former chancellor Thelonious Jaha he doesn't hold as much power anymore but he has a few people loyal to him." He paused clearing his throat "the demographic however is lopsided. Adults are the bigger number and those people I've mention all have supporters within that group. The younger kids however .. the original hundred would say Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake are their leaders."

My fingers drummed along my desk thoughtfully, I looked to the darkening skies , indicating a storm heading this way "So we have Marcus, Abby, Clarke and Bellamy. Which one of those would you negotiate with?"

"Marcus." Aiden answered almost immediately.

I offered him a half smile "Yes, that does seem to be the obvious choice. You both have a military background, your minds would work along the same lines. Threat analysis and so on." She paused "Abby seems like the emotional kind of leader. Did she not authorize a group of teenagers with firearms to search for her daughter and the other kids?"

"She did, perhaps she acted more as a mother than a leader in that situation your grace." Aiden tried to defend the woman.

"Yes well clearly her actions carried heavy consequences. Acting on emotion isn't bad all the time but when it means the you sacrifice the lives of many for one. That's when you have to draw the line." I remarked not impressed with her decision "Finns a nut job, his days are also numbered."