Mount increment

Location: Camp Jaha
Year : 2149

Abby walks into the medical tent to see Raven and Finn. "How are we feeling Raven?"

Raven grunted "Awesome."

Finn scoffs "She's lying."

Raven shot him a glare before looking at Abby "Tell me the news, is it as bad as I think it is?"

The doctors lips thinned "It is, the bullet is pressing down on your spine, the emergency care you received saved your life and the antibiotics are doing their job." She pauses watching Ravens' face carefully "Are you sure you don't remember anything?"

Two men flashes in her mind "Nope, I was shot up with good stuff and all the pain disappeared." She lied with a straight face, not even Finn who knew her for years could tell she was, 'huh guess he really doesn't know me' she thought.

Abby sighed "Okay, it's just that the treatment was done well, these people whoever they are might have more morphine or better yet anesthesia."

Raven kept her face blank "Don't we have that? Why can't you just take it out?"

Abby shook her head "Like I said the bullet is pressing on your spine, without a scan or better equipment surgery could kill you, but we leave it in and you'll live."

The Latinas hand clenched, her jaw wound tighter "Then take it out."

"The surgery could kill you. We have no equipment, we have no anesthesia." Abby argued

Raven arched a brow "Will I walk again?"

"Maybe but you'll be awake the entire time, you'll feel everything."

Raven shook her head "Sign me up."

Finn eyes widened "Wait Raven you could die."

She scoffed derisively "In Zero G I didn't need my legs, down here I do. It's worth a shot." Abby and Finn shared a look but Raven ignored them and held tightly on to the piece of paper in her hand. When Finn and Abby left, she quickly smoothed it open and read it.

'If you decide to leave, meet us 5 miles south of your camp, we'll get you the treatment you need.

Tom and Dick'

The writing was rushed but legible, she stared at the paper a moment longer before pushing it into her pocket.

"I should've left when I met Harry" she snorted

•••••••••

South of Camp Jaha

"Captain, five men were strung up by the savages, one seems to still be alive" Lehigh reported moving into the snipers perch.

Sullivan sighed out "These people are so barbaric, what's next? Will they start decapitating them as warnings?" He spat venomously.

Lehigh shrugged "Wouldn't put it past them sir, we waited for the girl at the rendezvous point but she didn't come."

Sullivan shook his head "Perhaps the Arkers are more capable than we think they are."

Lehigh grimaced "Not entirely Sir, we managed to get close enough after timing their patrols and overheard screaming, lots of screaming sir."

Sullivan pressed his lips together "Live surgery then. Perhaps they didn't have the equipment." He glanced through his binoculars "The Arkers will be more cautious after the display of brutality from the savages. Remain ghosts, I don't want any losses. Stay in your positions, sign your partner when rotating breaks. For now leave the girl and keep your eyes on any suspicious movements."