We're cutting it close

Location; Richmond, Virginia - Pentagon

The moment Clarke laid eyes on her girl she punched   the woman's arm as hard as possible , knowing she could take it.

"Ouch! Dammit what was that for?"

Clarke fixed the woman with a glare "For giving me a heart attack. Why the hell would you do it?" She asked incredulously

"What? What did I do, I'm confused."

Clarke pinches her nose "Your stunt in the air," Clarke forgot momentarily that Asteria had the ability to shift into any animal. She nearly screamed poor Luther deaf.

"Oh.. that."

"Yes that." Clarke waited for an explanation or maybe an apology but she received a blank stare in return. She groaned "God you're an idiot." She muttered loud enough for Asteria to hear. When the rest joined which was Luther, Steve and Monty. She sighed shaking away her anger.

"So this is the pentagon?" Luther asked squinting his eyes "Its obviously overdue on lawn maintenance."

Asteria snorted drily"Right you are." She walked forward "Come on it'll be dark soon, I'd like to be inside before the predators come out to play."

The group of five made their way to what they believed was the entrance. Most of the building as Luther said was overdue for some good gardening. "How do we get in?" Steve asked staring at the gray wall.

Asteria walked forward "The last time I was here." She moved her hands along the grey walls "Was in the 20th century." She murmured

"What are you doing ?"

Asteria licked her lips trying to remember where exactly the spot was "I'm looking for the panel. In the 2000' s I took did plenty of security for the US government, cyber security that is. I suggested they have a secret panel installed, one that only those in the higher command would know. You know. Because of espionage and other countries infiltrating US soil."

"Did they take your suggestion?" Clarke asked leaning against the wall. Her girlfriend looked absolutely ridiculous feeling up the wall, with her poking out the side of her mouth, it was kinda cute too.

"Of course they did.They'd be stupid not too."

Monty pursed his lips "was it a common thing? For spies to infiltrate the country ?"

Asteria grunted as she reached a false brick, the appearance and feel was quite real, but she knocked against it and the hollow sound made her smile "Very, after World War II America along with the other countries affected by Adolf Hitlers' reign of terror , were paranoid. The British had MI6 and America had the CIA they'd work on off the book operations , if you'd seen their work , you'd be impressed , they were very thorough and then of course the was Russia and the KGB operatives, the Russians were lethal they didn't like mistakes and many of the high profile deaths was because of their operatives." Asteria explained as she punched the false brick. The material crumbled and she smirked in victory "There it is."

Clarke leaned over Asteria's shoulder "What now? We don't exactly have the passcode to enter."

Asteria chuckled "No, but we do have the president of the United States." She said and stepped to the side. "When Monty swore you in the term would last for 4 years. Luckily for us when Cage staged the coup against his father , he didn't have the time to do it. So now." She took Clarke's hand "Use your thumbprint .."

Clarke followed the instructions still doubtful this was going to work, she put her finger on the scanner but nothing happened

"Well? Any other ideas?" Clarke asked