Dues long overdue

Location : polis
Date : 12 January 2150

"What do you mean Earth could possibly be irradiated a second time?" The question was asked from a now awake Abby , the question although directed at Asteria was not answered by the Queen. The Queen however, has been sitting in the same spot for well over an hour glaring at the new addition across the table from her.

The new additions skin is pale, with dark rings beneath her eyes , she looks Ill , plain and simple, but despite her apparent illness she sits with confidence and air of authority she no longer has.

Asteria plays with the AI between her fingers and finally when the woman in question feels a glare burning holes in the side of her head looks her way. A fake smile works it's way onto the Queens face.

"Forgive me." Asteria said to the people gathered around the table "but was I not clear when I stated that there are active nuclear reactors across the globe, they haven't been maintained properly for 97 years , which means it will explode within the next.." she tilted her head "two months give or take. So 30 days in a month , we have 60 days." She stands up "1440 hours 86 400 seconds .. If you wish me to be pedantic about it." She drawls and reaches the other side of the table

She slams her palm flat down right beside Lexa, the action jolts a few people and makes Clarke stare at her.

"Now. Before we plan accordingly I would like to address the .." she groans "grounders."

"They are my people—" Asteria cut Lexa off with harsh laugh.

"Oh honey. Maybe you haven't read between the lines." She stares the woman down "I do not fucking care, they could be Jesus's people and I still wouldn't give a damn. These people respond to power." She held the Ai chip between her fingers "You no longer are the commander, you're done. Caput. Finito. Do you understand or do you want me to say it in dozen more languages?"

Across the table Luther nudged his new friend Raven "Cat fight" he whispered "my moneys on the Queen."

Raven snorted softly "That's a fools bet."

Asteria ignored Raven and Luther's conversation as Indra and a few grounders loyal to Lexa drew their weapons.

"I will kill every single last one of you with a smile on my face." Asteria warned "Do not test me." She said not taking her eyes off Lexa. "I should kill you anyway." She muttered when her imagination conjured an image of Lexa and Clarke naked..

Clarke tensed "Asteria."

Her name being called by the woman she loved made her curse internally "But I won't. You look like the reaper will be paying you a visit soon anyway." She said and turned away from the ex-commander and returned to Clarke's side.When she sat down, Clarke's hand immediately squeezed her thigh. A show of comfort and perhaps asking whether she was okay.

"as I said , I will address these people and tell them the truth of what happened and then." Her gaze moved to the Arkers and settled on the man gagged and tied "I will execute Thelonious Jaha for his crimes against humanity."

"Any objections?" She asked daring anyone to disagree with her, Abby looked uncomfortable but said nothing surprisingly. Out of everyone Marcus leapt to the man's defense

"We don't have to kill him." Marcus spoke up

Asteria arched a brow "We don't have to do anything. I'll be the one executing him, that's final. Pleading his case won't win any favors either Kane. Besides you're still on my shit list." She scoffed

Clarke sighed "Okay. When do you want to address the grounders?" She asked taking the attention away from Marcus before he earned himself one way ticket to the executioners block.