What is happening to me?

Location: Mount weather
Time : 8:00
Year: October 2149

The halls of Mount weather was silent, not even the ghosts peeped.

Men and women dressed in black tactical gear marched up and down the halls, ridding them of the bodies of the dead.

The bodies were wrapped in white sheets and moved outside where a large funeral pyre was a being built to burn them.

Clarke stood outside the doors of Mount Weather while the Queens forces worked in perfect tandem. She wondered whether if they were tired because as far as she knows they've been working through the night.

Last night after the startling announcement by the Queen the remaining survivors did what they were told and scampered off to bed. The children cried out for their parents, cries that tightened like a fist around her heart. She knew what they felt, when she lost her father , it felt like her world was ending.

She couldn't bare to look at wells when she believed he was the reason for her fathers death and she wonders how those children felt when they look at them.

She's so deep in her thoughts that she doesn't her footsteps close in on her "You seem deep in thought Miss Griffin." The smooth accented voice startles the blonde.

Clarke jumps with a hand over her heart and looks to the side to find a pair of amused honey glazed eyes watching her "You scared the shit out of me."

Asteria scrunched her nose in disgust "That creates a disgustingly vivid image."

Clarke cheeks burned in embarrassment "Not literally!" She countered

Asteria shoulders shook with a deep yet soothing chuckle "I would hope not." She commented with a teasing smile "So what has your head up on the clouds little destroyer?"

"Little destroyer ?" Clarke echoes unsure about the nickname "what is that supposed to mean?"

Asteria sighed inwardly, she turns her gaze to the pyre "Do you know the story of David and Goliath ?" She asked curiously

Clarke tries to remember if she's read anything similar on the Ark but most of the time she's read about Earth it was art related or the nature books. There was thousands and she couldn't have finished it all. So she shakes her head negatively "No I can't say I have."

"It's actually a tale from the Bible. I won't bore you with the details but the story basically describes a single going up against insurmountable odds." She gestured to the mountain "Last night. After being betrayed by the savages." Asteria ignores the wince "You were left on your own, but a few people in your command. Against a mountain filled with people ready to kill your people. Despite the disadvantageous situation, you ran into that tunnel and tried to save your people. You were ready to do whatever you needed to save them. While I may have helped by bringing my own forces you started that, you started the chain and now you've toppled a mountain." She paused with a small smile "How does it feel?"

Clarke's brows furrow in thought it didn't feel like she conquered a mountain, all she felt was guilt . She glanced at the pyre now rising higher with bodies "Guilt, remorse." She murmured "I don't feel like I've toppled a mountain at all."

Asteria smiles a little "Well I suppose that makes you human. Doesn't it?"

Clarke goes silent for a moment and takes in the nature around them, the valley where hours ago an army stood ready, the same place Lexa betrayed her , her heart clenches at the memory "I've given up so much since coming to Earth. Does it ever stop taking?"

Asteria's lips thinned into a straight line "I'm the wrong person to ask. I've never quite felt what you're feeling. I don't carry any resentment to this place." She tilted her head "for other things Maybe but I don't resent Earth. I think the problem is you all expected to land here and things would be smooth sailing. That's the problem it's not Earth, while it may have some unsavory aspects mostly the people inhabiting it. But it's not Earth itself. You resent the people that sent you down here without your consent, you resent being catapulted into a war , you resent having your choice being taken away.."