Tyreese takes another small step. "You kick us out, you are responsible."

Hershel takes a deep breath as he speaks to Rick. "You've done so much for us. I appreciate that. We all do. We owe you our lives. We've done everything you asked without question. And I'm telling you, you're wrong on this. You've got to start giving people a chance."

Rick goes to say something but his gaze diverts to the top perch and he goes pale. He removes himself from Hershel's grasp and points. "What do you want with me? Why are you here? Leave! Leave!"

Y/N glances up and sees nothing. The others look around confused as well.

Rick is spiraling. "I can't help you. Get out!"

Tyreese backs up. "Okay, okay. We'll leave."

Y/N shakes her head. "No. No, don't."

She walks up to Rick, slapping him hard across the face with the hand not holding Judith, shutting everyone up. He looks at her in shock.

"Don't do this. We need them. We've lost too many people. Lori is dead. T-Dog... Oscar. Archer. All dead. Daryl just left. We NEED them. Don't be stupid."

He looks back up to the perch but his face calms down a little. Whatever he was seeing, is gone. He sighs. "You're right."

He turns back to the group who is very concerned. "You're welcome to stay. For now you'll need to be separated until we get to know you."

Allen shakes his head. "F*ck that sh*t. You're insane. Cmon guys, we're leaving."

Tyreese and Sasha don't move.

Sasha glances at him. "We want to stay. We can't go out there again."

Allen scoffs. "Fine. Me and Ben are going somewhere safer and away from these freaks." With that, he and Ben leave the cell block. Axel is outside and he escorts them to the gate, allowing them to leave.

Tyreese turns back to Y/N. "Thank you." He tells her.

She nods.

Maybe this is the hope they needed.
————————————————————————
Later, Y/N is sitting in her cell when a tear-streaked Maggie walks in. Y/N immediately stands and hugs her. "I'm so sorry."

Maggie sniffles and pulls away. "Tell me what happened."

Y/N sits back down and Maggie sits next to her. "Are you sure?"

She nods and Y/N sighs.

"We were put in three separate rooms. Glenn was getting attacked by Merle. Archer got a few punches from one of the henchmen, Martinez, I think his name was." She takes a shaky breath.

"The governor came to me. When I refused to talk, he ordered me to strip. He-" She pauses.

"He did things. Glenn and Archer had to listen as he..."

Maggie sighs and wipes a tear before pulling Y/N in for a hug.

Y/N continues. "Afterward, he threw me and Archer into Glenn's room. Suddenly Bellamy was there."

Maggie's jaw drops open. "Wait. Bellamy as in-"

"My brother. Yeah. He tried to help me but the governor threatened our family. He told him to... kill Archer."

Maggie covers her mouth.

"I could only sit there and beg with Bell, to not kill him. He didn't listen. I held Archer in my arms as he took his last breath."

Another tear slides down Maggie's cheek. Y/N sighs again. "Then Bellamy came back. He wanted to help me and Glenn escape. Before he could, the governor caught him. He made me choose. Kill my brother or kill my boyfriend."

Maggie shuts her eyes. Y/N's face is warm as she rethinks the events that took place just the night before. "I shot him... That's when you guys found us."

Maggie shakes her head. "I'm so sorry, Y/N."

Y/N sighs. "No. I'm sorry."

Maggie stands to leave when Y/N speaks again. "And.. Mags? Archer told me to tell you that he loves you."

She smiles against her tears. "Thank you." She whispers. "Also... there's something for you under your bed."

Y/N raises a brow as Maggie leaves. She reaches under the frame and gasps when her hand touches cool metal.

Her sword.

She smiles and sets it down, noticing that her pack is sitting in the corner of the room. She reaches inside and sighs in relief when she feels the cylinder bottle of medicine.

She pops three pills in her mouth and swigs a bottle of water that was sitting on the floor. After a few minutes the headache starts relieving itself.

She lays down and shuts her eyes.

"Hope." She whispers.
————————————————————————