CHAPTER 64

Wonder POV

"I said stop!". I was midway turning the door knob but halted and turned around shocked...he had never raised his voice at me...ever...not with that kind of authority atleast...I could hear the thundering...storm...the weather reports did mentioned that...but they were nothing in comparison to dad's thunderbolt like words..."That's why I didn't wanted to tell you! You are just ready to be a hero without knowing the density of situation!Do you have any idea what we are dealing with?!". In two large strides he came near me and taking my elbow in his hands he jerked me forward..."What do you think? Hmm? What the hell do you think? Police isn't involved?! They are fucking saints? These people has to have some very influential people in their pockets to  clear all these fucking records! No missing reports?! Not even a single FIR?! Do you have the brains to understand what the hell I'm trying to say here?! They target the poors, the people in need and so much more! If they agree to their wishes well and good and if not either way they get what they want Wonder! You know how? They kill them! Just like that...just like Yardley!".

He breathed hard pushing me away and pinching the bridge of the nose "And my daughter wants to deal with them... Fucking alone?!". Anger, frustration and fear...not a good combination... not good at all...but everything he was feeling was completely valid... completely reasonable...and perfectly true...I never thought this deep...the people were really dangerous..."...I...I just want to help them..."."Me too! But not at the cost of you...I can't lose you for already dead people!"."So what do we do dad...leave them...just close our eyes and act blind? Like everyone else? I'm sorry I acted this way... it's just a lot is going on dad...but one thing is for sure... I'm not stopping before I get what I want...and I want to help them...they might be dead for the world but not for their families...". He was about to say something when doorbell rang but we both looked at each other..."I'll clean it...". Dad started gathering all the papers and bunched them together placing them in the nearest kitchen drawer whereas I just stood there watching my dad...his troubles troubled me... but now...what? I know he loves me too much...too much to care for anyone else...but what about the parents of the people in that file...

I finally peeked through the peephole when another bell rang and I rubbed my eyes atleast twice...I quickly opened the door..."Oh my god...Come in!". I pulled him inside and I heard my dad saying "I'm inside if you need me...". But my focus was all on Armen...So many emotions in his eyes as always...but this time I ignored everything else and firstly ran to fetch a towel..."Why the hell would you walk in a weather like this?!". I yelled but he didn't said word, I gave him the towel but he made no attempt to take it either...just was staring at me...."Armen?!"."You were crying?". He asked and I lowered my face in an attempt to hide my face but of no use...he pulled me into him with the help of towel and tipped my face up..."I'm will not ask again". It felt so good to be in his arms, to inhale his spicy scent once again... he's wet and still the only thing I feel is his warmth..."Yes...now I am going to make you cinnamon tea by then bathroom is that way please dry yourself up, you'll catch a col..."."Shh...". He said placing his index finger on my lips "In the eyes..." once again my body betrayed me following his command rather than mine and almost instantly I looked in his eyes..."Why were you crying?".
"Many reasons...". He nodded...his eyes still holding that curtain tight which didn't allowed me to look past all his emotions.."Why did you walked in a storm like this?"."Many reasons...".I nodded...I just somehow knew that it isn't the time for questions and answers.....

Pulling the towel from his hands and started rubbing his hairs... surprisingly he made no attempt to stop me... instead he wrapped both his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.I continued to rub his hairs dry and I really don't know from where I got the confidence to unbutton his suit and pulled it off him...His muscles were on full display with his drenched shirt..."Bathroom is that way Armen... I'll bring you some of dad's clothes..his clothes might fit you...". I said when I lost it...I can't do this...he is so..soo... masculine! manly?! I don't know how to really describe his beauty...I don't think I will be able to think straight when he's so close...

I gasped when he bit my cheek softly and soothed it with an open mouth kiss...I almost moaned out when he did that but just then he pulled away leaving in the direction of the bathroom unbuttoning his shirt on the way giving me full view of his perfectly packed muscles... which clenched and unclenched as he walked in..."I'm leaving the door open Darling...just in case...you want to join...I won't really mind...". He said going in the bathroom...I knew better...I knew he was trying to hide behind that flirty persona once again...I hope one day he'll see that I'm here... I'm always here for him...

I shaked my head and placed the pot on the burner for tea and since I didn't wanted to disturb dad I got the clothes from one of his living room almirah... luckily I found few of his pyjamas... it's a good thing that my dad likes to be in good shape... he's not as fit as Armen but yeah...he has some muscles on him...so his clothes just might be perfect for him...

"Armen! I have hanged the clothes right next to door!"."You can come inside Da...". His words were cutt off by the doorbell...who could that be? That also in a weather like this...

************************************