CHAPTER 63

Wonder POV

Three days...three days have passed and no word from him...he isn't coming to office, isn't picking up his phone and Maxy... he's being a damn irritating Maxilla! Most of the time he had been avoiding the question bringing up stupid gossips and when I really push him over...he just says that give him time... I'm not stupid... everyone at one side and Armen...on other, not many people are able to affect him...Armen is grinchy with everyone but when he tore her photo...it was like a new level hatred... Who's is that girl? Is the question of importance but even more so...Armen...I'm worried about him...I haven't seen him in days and I really have a churning feeling inside my tummy... it's wierd...I don't like it one bit...

"Sweets it's time... he isn't here,you can go... I'm here for emergency reasons...". Laura?..."But...". "But nothing...you always stay after-hours...you can go today..."."Umm...Did Arm..."."No...but can I tell you one thing my kid..I have never seen him this happy...he will come to you...I bet...for now you need a break...". From all my heart I hope Laura word's are true...and maybe she's right...I do need a break... "Thanks Laura....". She kissed my cheeks and I left the office with a sigh..and a heavy heart...Armen have become an habit of mine...like an addiction and surely it's the withdrawal symptoms...

I don't know when and how I reached home but I did and a load of papers on floor and a tensed dad seated on couch rubbing his forehead greeted me..."Dad?". He jerked at my voice and looked at me..."My god...Dad!".

I gasped seeing him...he looked... destroyed...his shirt was hanging off him were a crinkled mess and there were literal dark circles under his eyes...in simple words...it looked like he survived a storm...Dad is always so put together...this is...I have no words...throwing my bag in a corner I rushed to him and sat beside him

"Wonder...my child...I can't believe this... it's horrible...so horrible...I don't know what to do?". He threw a folder and few pictures fell out from there...they looked like hospital records...I ignored it for time being and focused on my dad..."Daddy... there's always a solution...come on tell me... we'll together work it out like always...hmm?". I took his hand on mine but he only shaked his head"I swear I didn't know...". "Daddy... please...come on tell me... it's been too long! Stop dealing with things alone..."."This is a mess...I don't want to drag you into this..."."Dad...you and me were,are and will always be together...if it's a mess then let's clean it together...but first...the night breakfast!". I said and finally...a very small faint smile graced his lips "You copied..."."You invented morning dinner, I said Night breakfast... difference is sooo... obvious...". He chuckled and ran his knuckles over side of my face affectionately..."Night breakfast it is...".

Dad professionaly took his place in the kitchen and started working on his french omelette and I started chopping the berries for smoothies...we worked in silence for few minutes and viola...soon our hardwork paid off...Dad arranged plates on table and we both quickly digged in.. Since I was a kid our solution for everything was good food..I don't there is something about food that makes me forget everything for a moment..."Trafficking...". I stopped midway "What?". Now my full attention was back to dad...and he looked at me and took my hand in his..."Organ trafficking...".

He sighed shaking his head and I squeezed his hands in order to offer him some sort of support..." I was there when Yardley was admitted...it was a minor accident...the girl was so young... around your age...my heart ached for her...but then there was you in one of the room...my very heart...life wasn't fair...and I got the proof when hours later I got the news that she died...The very next day I get the news that they found you a match...My heart exploded with happiness...and I forgot about the rest of the world...they asked for a huge sum of money saying a portion of it is for operation but a large sum of it would go to donor's family...I of course agreed.. thinking that the donor's family would atleast live a good life....but the files that you brought to me...were a damn hard slap on my face..I may not be a professional at cardiology and emergencies but I do have an idea when a person can be saved and when not...The files mentioned Yardley was an orphan...so who was the fucking family who I supposedly gave the money to?! Another slap was that she was your match...".

Is he saying...no..."I had my suspicions since the day I joined here... within a week only  I realised the rooms occupied were more than the number of registerd patients...I did made a complaint but to no avail...they said it was an old record...but things were just so obvious to ignore...no matter what the paper said I had a very strong intuition that something is wrong...so I decided to investigate more on my own but no help there too...the records were too clean...nothing was out of sorts...I very much wanted to leave that hospital after getting those eerie vibes...but your treatment was my utmost priority..and after that you were my biggest priority...I decided to leave things as it is and I lied about wanting to take a break... honestly I never wanted to work there... by the grace of God Armen made them give me a suspension...it was all going fine...but fine doesn't belong in our life does it?The thing that I gave up on found me itself through you...you found the something that I needed all along...". He explained but my mind was stuck on one thing..."Daddy...are you saying that Yardley... Yardley was purposely killed because she was my match?... because she was  not as rich as us?". The look in his eyes said everything...I stood up with such a force that the chair fell and I holded the table for support...I felt like I couldn't breathe....the walls were closing on me and a dirty feeling crept on me...I did it...she died because of me...

Another thing striked my head hard and I blurted out..."I found those files in her room...she was the one who operated me...Is she...is she a part of it...". He looked down and my heart sank even more and hot tears fell from my eyes..."She is a part of this racket?". He didn't said anything just looked at me with a grief stricken look...I can't believe this...I looked around and slowly...very slowly an anger engulfed me as I took in the smiling faces of the people in photos...how the hell did they dare to do this?!

"We have to go to police...". I said and his eyes widened "We are a part of it! We bought an organ!"."Unwillingly! We didn't had any idea dad! But we do now!". I looked at him and he slammed his fist on the table standing up "Wonder Hart don't you dare defy me on this!"."Dad you are dying inside out of guilt! Isn't that why you kept researching?! This is the proof that you feel guilty enough dad! We have to bring them justice!". I pointed at the files scattered all over the place and he breathed in pinching the bridge of his nose "Won...we shouldn't get invol..."."Stop this fucking bullshit! Are you men stupid?! First Armen ! Now you! Don't you think you are hurting yourself and me in the process! The guilt won't let you and me live dad... it's better we confront police..". He sighed annoyed and looked at me "We don't have enough proof against them"."Police will decide that...we have to dad... please...". "But..."."But nothing... let's go right now....I want to put an end to this,right this Instant". He didn't said anything just glared at me and I took out the keys from my purse...I don't know who Yardley Austen was..what she did to Armen was something I don't think I'll ever get to know... but I knew one thing...her heart was beating in me...Her life was taken from her cruelly... because of me...I wanted to live but not at the cost of some other person's life...You gave me your heart Yardley...I have no idea how to make things upto to you but I'll surely bring you the justice you deserve...

************************************