CHAPTER 10

Wonder POV

I can't believe  my fallen angel is a  Lucifer incarnate he had made me change his coffees 20 times just because it got cold when he was busy, he gave me the accounts of almost a decade to verify everything is fine and as if that was not enough he asked me to arrange meetings of next six months to complete in just a week.

I barely had time for lunch ,  it's just me and him on this floor after Laura explained everything to me , thank lord that he didn't disturbed me at that time , I almost wanted to chain down Laura to a chair so I don't have to be alone in his presence, I never thought I would meet him again but right now I will choose not meeting him at all than being in his presence for another second .I know there's something that made him this way but he hurted me a lot when he insulted me , i don't know why?  I was used to it since high school...                 

" SPECTACLES" his voice interrupted my thoughts and I ran into his office like other 40 times , he doesn't even uses phone just screams out loud          " What happened Mr. Sokolov?" He pointed to a bundle of files  " Arrange them in alphabetical order".  Is he crazy that's pointless there are hundreds of them but I have to say      " Of course" I gritted my teeth and he  smiled evilly and went back to work it's almost half an hour now                  

" Spectacles!!" I'm going to get deaf if continued that  " I'm right here Mr Sokolov"  "Whatever, Did you called  Miss Patricia of the news station for the meeting". Idiot... " How can I ? When I was attending such a important task of arranging files alphabetically ". He looked irritated and said" Cut the attitude spectacles ,Leave it,continue tomorrow  , for now go back and do some real work ". " So you do believe all this work is pointless" He grinned   

" Of course , why do you think I gave it you ?? " Okay that's it! " Are you stupid? do you have any idea how much time of mine you have wasted you nincompoop? Look you can make my life hell if you want but don't make your dad's life harder. He's a really good man and worried about you! you can't fire me and I can't quit,  So Can we just work like two sophisticated people in office hours???".

" Get Out !!"." seriously !!"." OUT !!" I stumbled back away this time with the intensity of his outburst. I couldn't hold on my tears anymore and ran out of his office. Sitting back on my chair I cried out loud , I didn't had any idea he was like this...Why is he like..this??.
****

It was over , the horrible day was over I didn't do anything besides crying after coming out of his office for last hour he didn't said a word after that , I started packing everything and my eyes fell on the large mirror sideways to my bench a few meters away my eyes are puffy and swollen " Do I really look like a Koala?  Uggghh.." honestly , I do look like one in my baggy shirt and pants with Spectacles , is this why he is so angry , because he wanted a beautiful PA ??

Something tells me that's just a part of it , there's more to the story, he's hurt I can see it  but..." Lord why does he have to be such a Grinch ". I said looking in the mirror " I'll give you a tour to hell ". I mockingly mimicked his voice and him " Well with your actions you must really surprise the real devil too,no matter how handsome you are,I will smack your gorgeous face with my leather handbag or maybe I'll add dead cockroach in your coffee or I will ...I will...I will put up needles in your super comfortable looking seat...Yeah! that's how you threaten someone you Grinch!".

I breathed hard after that , fully satisfied with myself and surprisingly feeling really good...I took my bag and left the office, I didn't even bothered telling him that I'm leaving,why would I?

As driving to home , My mind went to my dad , did he knew ?  The way he reacted , the way he didn't looked in my eyes for days before I had a chat with him , oh..my he knew it all .
*****

"DAD!!!" I saw Amara and Dima sitting on the dining table eating chocolate pancakes, traitors , he must have bribed them too " Where's he??!". They pointed towards the washroom, once a traitor always a traitor.

I knocked softly on the washroom door " Dad I brought  black forest cake, let's have it before Amara and Dima does"." No I'm not falling for it"." I'm telling the truth, come on"."Oh please I've raised you!I know better ". So that's not going to work .                        

" MR.SAMUEL HART , Come out right this instant!!!"." No ! Ask what you want from there only "."Why the hell did you hide this dad?? " I asked irritated and he came out Finally. 

I looked at him confused as to why he hid this fact" Look sweetheart , It was a coincidence,I myself got to know about it at your interview day when I researched about the company and I thought it will be good for your career, thought it will make you happy to see him again".  I didn't know what to say to that , he took my hands in his looking all serious. " Sweetheart, it was sort of your fault that you didn't even studied about the company's owner you are going to work at , now tell me was it that bad of a day for you to be screaming like that ". I hit him hard with my elbow and we both laughed hard ,well it is  kind of stupid, it's always like this we can't stay mad at each other for long, he took me to the bedroom and I layed down with my head in his lap.

" I don't know what to do dad ? He's nothing like I expected atleast not on  the outside". " People do behave a certain way because they are afraid to show the real them ". " He hates me ".   " And How do you know that??". I told him about the whole day in detail obviously minus the we getting close in the lift part and me taking out my frustration on a mirror. 

He seem to think about it and said " I guess the day was really that bad , As a dad  I want to roast his ass for putting you through all that but as psychologist I can see he is hiding his own pain  behind this stupid macho facade , he's alive but not living , I am definitely not going to forgive him but the question is do you Sweetheart?? " . I risked my health  just so he could live and he's not living at all...

" I think I do dad ". He smiled at me and said " I am proud to have a daughter like you ,  I'm still going to say the same thing, do what you want to do as long as it makes you happy, I'm happy, you have to learn lessons of life yourself I'll be here to support you, always I'm your dad first then anything else , so if he dare make you cry again I'll kick his ass ". " How do you know I was crying ?"." I raised you remember ?? Now come on I made stew". My dad is the..best.

************************************