Chapter 41) Survivors

Mulai dari awal

"Who the hell are YOU?" One of them asks.

Rick looks to Y/N who's still cradling Maggie. "He's bleeding out. We gotta go back."

Daryl nods his head at the men. "Come on out. Slow and steady."

The five men, work their way out of the back room and into the main area where the rest of the group eyes them carefully.

A hispanic man with long back hair, points at Hershel. "What happened to him?"

"He got bit." Daryl says.

"Bit?" The man pulls a gun from his waistband and T-Dog aims his own gun at him.

Daryl steps closer, crossbow still aimed at him. "Easy now. Nobody needs to get hurt."

Glenn walks past the prisoners into the other room. "You got medical supplies?"

The tall black man holds his arm out. "Where do you think you're going?"

The long haired one eyes the group. "Who the hell are you people anyway?"

The blonde one nods. "Ain't look like no rescue team."

Rick ushers Archer over and the two pick up Hershel, carrying him to a table. Y/N stands up, holding Maggie's arm. "If a rescue team is what you're waiting for, don't."

They all gather up their weapons and grab hold of the table Hershel lays on. T-Dog opens the door to the hall, killing a walker outside. They quickly make their way back to their cell block, leaving both the prisoners and Hershel's leg behind.
————————————————————————
"Open the door! Carl!" Rick calls out. Carl quickly unlocks the gate to the cells and they rush inside. Y/N stays out in the other room with Daryl.

The five uniform wearing men, enter the space and Y/N grips her sword. Daryl, once again has his crossbow aimed at them. "That's far enough."

Y/N can hear shouting from the other room, as the group try to save Hershel's life.

The long haired man, holds his gun. "Cell block C. Cell four, that's mine, gringo. Let me in."

"Today's your lucky day, fellas. You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia, you're free to go." Daryl tells them.

The man narrows his eyes glancing toward the cell block where voices are heard. "What you got going on in there?"

"Nothing that concerns you." Y/N says.

He aims his gun at her angrily. "Don't be telling me what's my concern."

Daryl steps closer. "Watch it." He warns.

The tall black man speaks again, to his friend. "Chill, man. Dude's leg is messed up. Besides, we're free now! Why are we still in here?"

The hispanic man shakes his head. "Group of civilians breaking into a prison you've got no business being in, got me thinking there ain't no place for us to go!"

"Go find out." Y/N says roughly.

The blonde one looks nervous. "Maybe we'll just be going now."

The long haired man shouts. "We ain't leaving!"

T-Dog walks out of the cell block holding a gun. "You ain't coming here either."

"Hey, this is my house, my rules, I go where I damn well please!"

Daryl nudges his crossbow. "There ain't nothing for you here, why don't you go back to your own sandbox?"

Rick walks out of the cell block glancing at the men. "Everyone relax, there's no need for this."

The man with the gun nods towards the other room. "How many of you in there?"

Rick tilts his head. "Too many for you to handle."

"You guys rob a bank or something? Why don't you take him to a hospital?"

Y/N raises an eyebrow at that, but says nothing. Rick glances at his three people before looking at the prisoners. "How long have you been locked in that cafeteria?"

"Going on like 10 months."

The tall black man nods. "A riot broke out. Never seen anything like it."

A shorter black man speaks for the first time. "Ever heard about dudes going cannibal, dying, coming back to life? Crazy."

The long haired man speaks again. "One guard looked out for us, locked us up in the cafeteria, told us to sit tight, threw me this piece, said he'd be right back."

There's a pause and the taller man sighs. "That was 292 days ago."

"94 according to my-" the blonde starts but gets cut off by the gun-wielding man. "Shut up!"

"We were thinking that the army or the national guard should be showing up any day now." The tall one says.

Rick sighs. "There is no army."

The other man lowers his gun. "What?"

Y/N glances at them a little more sympathetically. "There's no government, no hospitals, no police. It's all gone. I'm sorry."
————————————————————————