"I remember reading that we have to feed it until the darkness disappears," he said. "The darkness was formed by the grudge. Once the darkness disappears, the light from behind it will come behind it, according to the book. And then, the Indestructible Shield will be mine." He smiled the same viciously sly smile she knew was on her lips too.

"Then let's get going." She stood up, flipping the bag upside down and letting the bread go down. "Eat your fill."

The bags were emptied in a few seconds and the Tree was still hungry. A low eerie echo sounded through their ears, making the hairs on their back go up. It seemed to have been coming from the tree. Adara shivered. "Oh, I hope it doesn't do that every time we feed it."

Cale nodded, staring at the hole. "I really hope not. Hey, the hole seems more transparent than before." He paused. "That's going to take another 10 bags. And we're already tired." His shoulders sagged. "Let's come back tomorrow."

She raised an eyebrow but shrugged anyway. "Sure. Where are we heading? Back to the Estate?"

He shook his head. "No. I don't want to see Ron yet. Or Beacrox for that matter. Nor the rest of my family. We're heading to The Fragrance of Tea with Poetry. I want to read that book, the back looked interesting." He started walking away from the tree. Her eyebrows rose. Now that makes more sense. Earlier, when they were getting ready to go to The Fragrance of Tea with Poetry Ron had offered Cale sour lemon tea. Whereas her Cale complained and threw a tantrum, this Cale chugged it in one go and thanked him. They left with Ron looking with an unreadable expression at the now-empty cup. He's scared of him. She chuckled before following him. 

But as she followed, she thought about other things. Maybe the whole book thing is real, she reflected. Technically, everything checks out, with Choi Han appearing at the entrance, and the Tree. Well, the Tree part could be true if he actually gets an Ancient Power. "Better idea," she spoke, once she was next to him. "You tell me the plot as you know it from what you read. I don't want to always be one step behind you and just waiting until you tell me what you're playing at. But keep it short because my book also looked really interesting," she added, bluntly.

He had a small grin on his lips. "Sure. Let's get there first, though."

Adara knew that the kids had not left, and her suspicion was confirmed when she saw the two kids munching on the bread she gave them. They looked up at the two nobles and stared at them with their big eyes. Cale looked down at them.

"If you want more bread tomorrow, don't say a thing," he warned them.

They nodded earnestly. The older making a point not to look at them.

Adara smiled.

Together she and Cale went down the hill, the eyes of the people following them as usual, only now they noticed the empty bags the two were carrying. She could feel their eyes wondering what they had done up on the hill.

Together they walked, laughing and joking, being noisy since they knew no one had the guts to tell them to shut up.

Once they were in The Fragrance of Tea with Poetry, sitting down at the spots they had reserved earlier, with the same book on the table and tea. Adara looked at Cale. "Well, come on now, don't be shy. Say what happens in the first 5 volumes."

"It's a long story," he said.

"And, as I said earlier, keep the important details in but make it quick, we have time until it's evening, I want to be at least done with half my book by that time."

He shrugged slightly, beginning his recounting of what he knew, of her future. She sighed. Is this her future now? Will she never be able to just relax and drown in wine?