S i x t y T h r e e

Irene kept her head down, feeling terrible. She felt as though she ruined Gun's entire night and so many business opertunites. She stared down at the bottom of the metal elevator door, staring at her sparkling heels in her blurry and distorted reflection. Her chest was heavy with a 20 pound weight labelled 'guilt.'

"Don't feel bad. That was a business party an that shithead already probably has a widely known bad reputation." Gun said, as if he read her mind. He was no fool to see that his lady was sulking with her head angled downwards. he sighed. "I'm sorry. I should've stuck with you closer—."

"Why're you apologizing?" Irene brought her head to look up at him with a confused and saddened expression on her face. Gun felt his chest pang with guilt for her feeling like a burden. "You couldnt have done anything else or stopped their actions."

"But, if i was there—"

"Gun, stop. You did nothing wrong." She interuppted him with a smile on her face and a raised up hand. She grabbed the middle of his upper arm and ran her thumb over his soft silk sleeve. Her touch felt electrifying against his arm. It felt like needles of sparks were flying up his arms.

    The security took Irene, making her explain the complaint and where she was coming from. She was more than embarrassed as a burly man escorted her back up the stairs, so she could grab her phone. As she was escorted upstairs she was lucky GUn was the first person she saw coming down the stairs with a tip from the server on Irene.

He returned her closed smile and the elevator beeped with the white light over the buttons lighting up. Gun waited for Irene to step off first and the two began forward together off the elevator. Her thin heels tapped along the cream colored polished tile with marbling and sparkles inside.

"This way." Gun called to her and watched the elegant girl twisted her head his way and follow alongside him. The two were quiet with their heeled shoes clacking and echoing on the tile. The walls were gorgeous and marbling too, but nothing compared to Gun's home is what Irene noticed. This place felt company live even though it had the same feel to Gun's lobby.

The two walked across the lobby together and out the glass doors. VIP's and Business personnel were the only ones allowed to park on the ground floor. The entire floor made Irene's breath hitch in her throat. Cars worth hunders of thousands of dollars were parked and alligned with one another. They all varied in different and vibrant colors with their own specialty to them. One was a lime green sports car with bright yellow rims, one was a dark silver SUV with lights under and through every crack of the car. She was shocked people would spend so much to have their sports cars designd in such illuminating ways. She was shocked that she hadnt seen any of these cars alone, but now she was seeing a whole parking garage floor filled with them.

Gun walked over to the corner of the garage and opened the passenger door for her and stretched out his hand to help her in. She placed her hand in his and put her foot inside the car and sat down.

Gun stepped in with his long legs and started the car's hum. He was quiet and kept his eyes down on the camera and shifted his stick into reverse. He pulled back the car and started the night drive. The atmosphere was quiet and tense for majority of the ride. They werent sure what to say, but both were anxious to get the atmosphere over with. She didnt want to push him to speak and he didnt want to push her.

Irene's mind was racing with possiblities to get him to talk to her again. She didnt want to be rude if she just turned on the radio and commented about how much she liked the song. She wanted to have a conversation, but the only thing she could hear was her thoughts and the hum of cars. She glanced over at his perfect side profile, wondering what she could say to him. He didnt look bothered or awkward at all. He looked relaxed and kept his eyes straight ahead on the road.