T w e n t y T h r e e

Irene sat on the counter with Vasco standing before her, standig close to her stomach. Even though her stomach was hidden by her sweater he was completely spaced out into it, thinking about something.

"Euntae, whats wrong?" Irene asked. He broke away from his thoughts and looked up at the grogeus girl.

He was starting to really feel guilty now. The girl he's liked more than anyone in the entire world was sitting before him. He had tried to ruin her brother and it ended up backfiring on him. He was so angry with her for being around him, but overlooked that once he knew what kind of person sahe was. She wasnt anything like him, yet he assumed her brother, someone related to Irene and raised the same way was a bully and theif.

"I think i made a mistake, thats all." He said with a convincing smile. Irene tilted her head witha confused look.

"What do you mean by that?" Irene asked, swinging her feet back and forth above the floor.

"Just a mistake." He brushed it off and took a step forward. He watched Irene sigh and shift away from him. He raised an eyebrow at her and watched her move around him. Did he look that bad?

He watched her grab something behind the counter and stand back up with a small white tube with yellow labelling on the side of the tube. He gave her a weird look before she sat in front of him on the counter again.

"You think i dont see?" She asked and raised her hand to his. He reluctantly gave her his hand and watched her before realizing what it was. It was burn cream for his hand when he put out Jiho's cigarette.

"You may be Vasco, but you can still get burned by a cigarette." She said and opened the tube and put some in her hands. She held her hand out and waited for Vasco to put his hand in hers and let her spread the cream on his fingers. His hands were giant compared to Irene's and more calloused. They were far more rough than Irene's soft and boney hands. He smiled at her as she rubbed his hand with a blush on both their faces.

"Do i smell like smoke now?" Irene asked suddenly. Vasco looked down at her worried expression as she held out her arm to sniff. He grabbed her arm and put his face to it, but only smelled the sweet aroma of her vanilla baker like scent.

"Nope. Just as sweet as ever." He smiled. Irene sighed with relief and looked up at him with a happy smile.

"Im happy you came. It gets a little lonely here when Daniel's being quiet." She sighed.

"Since i came here today you should give me a spoiler of your song You're performing." Vasco raised his eyebrow at her with a smile. Irene laughed and shook her head.

"You're too greedy." She said with a happy expression.

"No, just eager." He answered and placed his elbows on the counter beside her and looked up at her with his beautiful dark eyes.

"Well, you'll have to wait for my performance. Its better to wait it out and i wanna see you while im up there." She smiled. Vasco widened his eyes a bit before placing a hand over his mouth and looking away with a blush.

"You're performing with that guy out there?" He asked.

"Yeah. Euntae, you should've heard him. He's got to be the most talented producer Ive ever heard. It makes Daniel and my voice's sound sooo~ good." She smiled brightly with an envious tone. Vasco felt the negative feeling creep into the center of his chest. It was every time she looked so envious and happy without him and talked about someone else so happily.

"You like making music?" He asked.

"Well its my first time making music, but you know i love it. I used to like watching buskers in the city back home." Irene revealed. He smiled up at her widely. She was such an artistic and creative girl. Its not that he thought of Irene as an idiot, but to think she was the smartest girl in the in the school and got Daniel in that school was insane to him. The face he was with a girl that should be abroad for her brains. She had no streets smarts, but she was abnormally smart academically.