T w e l v e

"Are you serious?!" Jules squealed through the phone

    "Are you serious?!" Jules squealed through the phone. Irene laughed and smiled widely. She clamped her hand around her mouth and squealed too.

    "He's not a creep, right?" She asked with an excited tone.

    "I don't think so. I hope not." Irene smiled widely through the phone.

    "I need to come over this weekend. I need to meet him. Is he hot?" She asked. Irene pictured his pretty face.

    "Like 6'0 with nice black hair and tattoo's." She started off.

    "And you got his number. This 6'0 god has the best taste in woman." Jules sounded more excited thans she was right now. Irene let it settle in, but she couldn't get her heart to stop slamming into her ribs.

    "Pookie boo, where'd you go?"

    Irene paused at the familiar voice on the other end of the line. Irene said it was urgent and they had to call, so maybe thats why Logan Lee took the phone. She felt her stomach churn and tighten. She physically started to feel ill at the sound of his voice and names he came up with.

    "Logan, wheres Jules?" Irene asked, her voice turning serious.

    "Shes right here. Listen..." In the distance was Jules yelling at them to give her phone back. She sounded like they were using physical violence on her from some distant clattering and laughing in the background.

    "Logan, stop it." Irene demanded.

    "But, babe, you left me...i thought it was just a fight. Couples have it all the time, but before we could talk about it you left and now you have other guys as if they ever compare to our relationship." He said with a pouty voice.

    "You beat up my brother, Logan! We were never together anyway!" She raised her voice.

    "Jeez, Irene." He sighed. " So, heres the plan: since you left and ur piggy brother isnt answering, im going to take your phone number from Jasmine and we'll still be together, alright?"

    "Or what?" She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

    "Or Jasmine is not going to have a fun rest of the semester." He said, smugly. Irene caught her breath.

    "Her names Jules. If you ever touch her i swear—"

    "Lets not threaten each other. Its not good for our love—"

    "Logan, stop saying that. You can have my number, but im not with you."

    "Jules says otherwise." He stated. Irene bit her lip and caught her breath again. The fact he had a hold over her was the worst feeling in the entire world. Logan was and still is disgusting. Everything about him made her feel sick to her stomach.

    "You'll always be my woman."

    ***

    "Did you hear about Daniel and Vasco?" Irene heard someone say in the hallway as she walked to the cafeteria. Irene glanced over with ideas popping in her head about Vasco and Daniel. She remembered what Vasco said about her brother to her. He obviously didnt see him in a good light.