T h i r t y T h r e e

"What—" Zoe spun around and cut herself off, thinking Irene was being paranoid or dramatic. She saw what Irene did, but in a different way.

"E...Excuse me? I need directions."

There stood a perverted looking man staring back at Irene and Zoe with a wide grin displayed on his face. He wore a fast food uniform or clerk uniform which was a baggy, pale blue, collared shirt with a white long sleeve under and brown baggy pants and brown work shoes. He wore a green and white baseball cap over his shaggy and unkempt black hair. His wrinkles indicated he was around his thirties or late late twenties at best. He had unkempt facial hair and a mole with a single hair popping out of it.

Zoe immediately got the chills just by looking at this man. She knew this guy had some sick intentions just by his appearance and creepy smile, but Irene did not. She however did feel completely off by this mans body language.

The scratch of his head, the wide smile and the hand behind his back set off all red flags in the back of her head. Her assumptions only worsened with being on edge at night. And the worst of him staring at the girls up and down and focusing on Irene's long legs and Zoe's chest.

But the giggle from him set both girls off.

"Oh sorry, we don't know the way...so..." Irene gripped on Zoe's arm and started backing up and walking back toward Zoe's apartment. Both their hearts were running wild with both girls starting to break out into a cold sweat.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, we don't really know. Haha." Zoe said with a nervous smile matching Irene's. Both girls shied away from the man standing under the street lamp with a bone chilling smile.

"ZOE! IRENE! RUN!"

Daniel came out of nowhere from down the road and skidded on the cement. He flashed between Irene and Zoe and the man across form them. Irene and Zoe widened their eyes at the panicked, but forceful yell.

While Zoe was trying to remember where this pig was from, Irene was wondering why he was here and why he was so panicked. She stared at her chubby brothers back with a shocked and puzzled look.

"Irene! Zoe! Hurry!" He whipped his arm around to them and stretched his hand out. Zoe was about to start getting angry with him since now there was a pig and a pervert harassing her and her friend, but then she glanced over at Irene's horrified face.

"B-But..." The man grinned.

"He...He brought a knife!!" Daniel yelled to the two girls who were frozen with fear.

Within a flash the man stretched his arm from behind his back into the air. He gritted his teeth with a crazed look and swung his knife down with a large step towards Daniel in front of Irene and Zoe.

"You stupid bitches!! How dare you call your husband a sucker!! Damn bitch!! Whore!!" He screamed through the swing.

As if it were in slow motion, Daniel froze. He couldn't move since his sister and Zoe were behind him. They were frozen and watched the man slowly come down so quickly his hat fell off.

Daniel wanted to run with every fiber of his body, but he couldn't. He imagined Zoe and his sister in hospital beds with pools of blood around them. They could die. There was no time to run, but he was thinking for a millisecond too long and the knife was barely inches away from him.

But a hand reached out over his head and caught the knife.

Daniel took a second to realize what happened. A thin and bony hand with chipped green nail polish had its fingers wrapped around the blade at the tip. Blood trailed down the multi inch blade to the pointed end and dripped down onto Daniel's uniform right onto his chubby stomach.