F i f t y S e v e n

.
.

        Irene sat down on the stairs out front with her legs down on the pavement of the street

.
Irene sat down on the stairs out front with her legs down on the pavement of the street. She felt extra good today for some odd reason she couldnt really explain. She had an idea about it being her mom and getting to spend time with her. She felt a little more confident than usual with her new outfit she really liked.

She was tying her shoes out front when she saw a sudden shadow over the concrete wall bordering in the front of the sad looking building. It was like a truck was out front, covering some of the sunlight from streaming through. Irene double knotted her white laces before standing up and watching from afar. There was a commotion of a few masculine voices talking to one another followed by the loud thuds.

She watched until one of them announced they were all done and to go tell her. Irene didnt know who 'her' was, but she was defninitely interested. Nobody in the area got big packages. It was rare enough to have furniture delievered in this area, so an entire bus load of things?

A man with a light blue uniform came around the concrete wall with his head hung down looking at a piece of paper on a clipboard. He had short black with a sprinkle of gray hair and suggested by the wrinkles, he was in his late 30's. He had a cyan baseball cap and a matching safety guard like vest. He wore black baggy jeans and a light gray long sleeve. He looked up and gasped immediately as he saw Irene. The skirt, the ambiance, the chestnut hair and her perfect and soft, glossy, pink plump lips. Her sweet and innocent look as she just stared at him.

"H-Hi, ma'am." He bowed down at an 90 degree angle. As he bent down his shadow moved along with his position on the concrete.

"Hello, good morning." Irene smiled and bowed down at his same degree and stepped down from the stairs. She glanced back over the wall.

"Do you know where Mrs. Park is?" He asked, timidly.

    "Oh, yes. She's my mother. Do you want me to go get her?" Irene asked, pointing back to the stairs. She stepped back up on one of the stairs with her left foot and waited for his response.

    "Oh no, ma'am. I don't want to bother you, since you look like you're going out. We brought your mother some boxes from our hotel, so she can take care of them." He said. Irene stepped down and made her way toward the wall. She overlooked the wall to see a pile about 8 feet tall, towering over her like a second wall. Irene almost gasped at the boulder like stacked up boxes and the blue bags of scraps. Irene was in so much shock she stepped further out to see just how much it is.

    "Oh, thank you. I'll make sure to tell her." Irene said and watched in awe at the giant mounds for her mother. She thought of which hotel could possibly give her so many scraps. Daniel told her after Jay left that he came and saw her walking around and picking up the scraps and begging places to take their boxes from the ground. Most would say no, but very few said yes.