E i g h t e e n

"Since we are doing our birthday alone this year we should work our butts off!" Daniel said enthusiastically with his fists raised and his head tilted upward to the sky, highliting his features with yellow and orange

    "Lets conquer poverty!!" Irene yelled and raised her fist high into the air, happily.

    "Yeah!!"

      On the way home with the orange clouds hanging overhead, Irene and Daniel walked down the road to go home when they saw a tall blonde guy with a similar blazer to Daniel's. Irene quickly recognized her seat mate standing there.

    "Is that Jay?" Irene quietly whispered.

    At the sound of their foot steps Jay turned to them with a giant sky blue and yellow duffel bag in his hands. It was completely filled with whatever was in it. He walked toward them in his school uniform, but with his top button of his white shirt unbuttoned and showed his grey undershirt. He didnt tuck in his shirt or bother to put on a tie, but still looked good and fashionable the way he walked with his hand in his pocket.

    "Jay, you live around here too?" Daniel beamed, but Jay didnt answer. He threw the bag down on the ground in front of them with a giant plop. On the duffel bag it was labeled with 'happy bday.' Irene and Daniel looked at each other in surprise and up to Jay. He nodded his head to the back to the bag for them to look inside. Daniel looked in that one and Jay turned around and pulled out a white and navy duffel bag and held it in front of her to open.

    Irene and Daniel both looked at each other for a moment before both unzipping the duffel bags to see expensive, expensive clothes.

    "You're giving this all to us? Wow! Irene they're all clothes! How'd you know it was our birthday?" Daniel shouted in shock. Irene pulled out a golden necklace with more and more boxes on boxes of jewelry. Jewelry that costed more than Irene was actually worth. Thousands and thousands of dollars of diamonds, rubies, emeralds and gold. Some were nose piercings, ears piercing , necklaces, bracelets and rings. On the bottom were a few different clothes for Irene, but not as much as Daniel's amount of clothes.

    "Its too much...sorry, but i cant accept it." Daniel said, speaking his sisters mind as well.

    "Huh?" Daniel questioned as if someone said something.

    "You're just throwing it all out anyway? If it doesn't fit just toss it? Its all cheap stuff?" Daniel asked and every single question Jay nodded to. He was throwing them out and offered to give it to them. He was an angel for thinking about them. Irene felt better at that. They all looked so real it was a relief that these were probably knock off brands. Irene and Daniel didn't care though. They didn't know much about luxury brands in fact it would probably take them both 5 minutes to name a grocery store brand.