E l e v e n

Irene was quiet as they walked through the halls together

Irene was quiet as they walked through the halls together. Daniel walked right beside her to the point she was trying to move away from bumping into him over and over. She kept her eyes a few feet in front of her feet. She glanced over at him to see what his problem was.

    Daniel didn't look at his sister with pity, but he loved her. He hated to see her all damaged up. He hated seeing how everyone was staring at her bandages and her bruises on her legs. Irene didn't even look up. He remembered growing up with his beautiful older sister that used to hit the boys that made fun of her. All the way until they got older. She would be fine without him. She wouldn't have all these bandages.

    In his old body all he could do was watch and wait for the aftermath, but now with his new body he was confident to protect her. He could try and help repay her for all those years. Without her there would have been a lot more.

    "Stop looking at me like that." She mumbled.

    "I'm not looking at you." He turned away.

    "Right, sorry." She said, sarcastically. "But..."

    "But if they get anywhere near you I'm going to punch them in their eyes, stomachs, and feet if i have to." Daniel finished off just as Irene expected him to. Irene smiled and put her hand on his shoulder.

    "Hold your head up high. Why're you looking at the ground?" He asked. He knew why she was acting this way, but she wouldn't reveal it if her life depended on it. Irene was still shaken up about last night. Thats what's going on. Irene's still upset about what happened.

    "I'm tired, thats all." Irene sighed and ran her hand through her hair. She was lying, and Irene knew, that Daniel knew that, and she knew Daniel knew.

    Irene and Daniel walked thorough the class doors. They were immediately met with stares. Irene looked around the classroom and saw the boys from last night all by Zack, giving her a somewhat look of insecurity in a way. They stared at her with scared or embarrassed looks. Irene pursed her lips and broke eye contact from them and began to walk.

    "Oh my god! Irene, what happened to you?!" Mira jumped up and grabbed her hand. Irene winced and pulled her bandaged hand out of her grip harshly.

    "Irene, what happened?" Lia asked. They stared at her discolored purple and pink cheekbone and the red and purple bruise on her neck, her bandaged knees and palms, and her thigh and shins that had blue and purple discoloration too. Everyone turned their head and watched her with worried faces. She looked toward the back of the room and found Jiho staring at her through his glasses with his sweet and timid eyes.

    Daniel tapped her back gently as he passed her and sat down next to Zack. He glared at Doo and his two friends as they looked guilty— as they stared at Irene. They looked tense to see if she would say what happened. On the other hand, Zack could pick up on the tension. If he knew anything about fighting, he knew what bruises you got and where you get them from. Irene had the signs of getting in a fight all over her body.