N i n e

Irene walked out of the bathroom with her uniform in her hands

Irene walked out of the bathroom with her uniform in her hands. She saw her brother in his old body looking down at his sleeping new body. Irene stood in the doorway for a moment. She knew they were both still trying to process what happened less than a week ago.

"You okay?" Irene asked. Daniel stayed still in the dim room.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Today was pretty insane, wasn't it?" He gave her a thin smile.

"Yeah, it was." Irene agreed and walked inside the room. She stretched in her worn out clothes. Jean shorts that were probably too small for her and a giant collared T-shirt she grabbed from Daniel's clothes. He didn't mind since he knew she didn't have nearly the same amount of clothes as he did, but even then he didn't have many clothes. She was going to do the laundry anyway.

"Lets get ready." Irene said, picking up his shoes on the floor.

"Okay." He nodded and stood up to go get ready.

About ten minutes later Daniel was ready. They both seemed a little off, more distant than usual. Irene and Daniel had a lot on their minds, but they still talked about random things and fought over expenses and house duties to split as they walked down the humid city street. The street was lit up by stores along the road and fast food signs.

"Why not the dishes? Its not like you do anything, baby brother." Irene pouted, bumping into her brothers shoulder.

"Why're you so clingy?! Also, I'm not a child." He glared at her and pushed her away from him.

"If you're not a child, do something around that damn house." Irene rolled her eyes and stepped on the back of his shoe. He stumbled forward before whipping around to her. Irene stifled a held back laughter with her hand.

"You're such a bitch." He rolled his eyes and continued walking forward as if nothing happened. Irene laughed and skipped up behind him, but at the last second he twisted around and yelled at her to scare her. She screamed and fell back on her ass on the damp pavement.

"BAHAHAHA! You deserve that!!" He laughed so hard he had to hold onto his stomach.

"Haha. So. Funny." She rolled her eyes and pulled herself up. She slapped his haunched over back and ran into the convenient store. She quickly locked the door and watched Daniel glare at her through the glass. She laughed so hard she fell on the floor laughing at him as a customer came behind him.

"Welcome in. Im sorry about the inconvenience." She said, breathlessly. She held the door for a middle aged man and her brother. Daniel glared at her as he walked in. He had dusted pink cheeks from being so embarrassed by her and walked behind the counter. The other employee walked out the back door once hearing they were in.

Irene checked out what was on her list of things to do for the shift. She had to stock a few things up and 'be welcoming' whatever that meant for a night time, convenient store, teenage employee. Irene had more fun at night when she wasnt tired. She was always more hyper a few hours before her body started getting heavily tired.