𝗻𝗶-𝗸𝗶: 𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗼 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀

904 words

904 words

sat on her best friend heeseung's bed, y/n was using his console to play a game she was determined to win.

"i can't believe he beat me again!"

"who?" heeseung asked, laughing at how wound up y/n was getting. she had been jumping and overreacting to the game being played on his monitor for the entire time he had been present.

"ni-ki. since he started playing, i haven't been able to reclaim the number one spot."

heeseung shook his head, forcing his lips shut as he felt the urge to laugh.

"so that's why you've been staying up late this week?" heeseung rested his hand on his chin, just watching the girl who had both eyes concentrated on the screen. she craned her head upwards, her neck illuminated by the flashing colours.

since heeseung had introduced y/n to his favourite game, she had almost tripled his total playing time. she was addicted, always practising, and overly competitive. it was impressive, her commitment to beating him. heeseung would have believed she only came over to see him play, if not for the food they had shared earlier in the day.

she had called up her friend to spend some time with him, but after they had caught up on what they had been doing since they last spoke, y/n had taken control of heeseung's game, playing it whilst he gave an intermittent commentary.

"he's just too good," y/n commented, frustratedly.

"i bet he'd love to hear you say that." heeseung added, whilst mimicking how y/n's character was moving.

"of course he would," y/n bit on her lip, concentrating on a win. "but i wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing that."

ni-ki was y/n's boyfriend. watching her play a game for so long and not being able to join in was torture, so last month she showed him the game mechanics, and he too had barely put his controller down since he started.

"you know you could just play with him, instead of hogging my space," heeseung tried to explain, although y/n was too focused to stop.

even though heeseung had a few mutual friends with ni-ki, they had never really gotten close. heeseung was typically quiet, similar to y/n, whilst ni-ki was much more extroverted.

ni-ki had been introduced to y/n by jake, someone who y/n had gone to school with. they weren't much more than acquaintances, or friends that spoke when they ran into each other, but when jake played matchmaker in introducing the pair, he had made the right decision.

a few rounds later, ni-ki logged off. a couple of his housemates called him into the kitchen, telling him to eat or ask heeseung to cook. ni-ki hadn't learned much about heeseung yet, since he had moved in with his friends, but he knew that he was a good cook. over the past year of dating heeseung's best friend, he'd heard all about heeseung's legendary ramen.

"i just want to beat him once."

making her way into heeseung's arms, she used him as a chair as she carried on, now managing to take first place.

"hey, heeseung.." ni-ki entered the room, before doing a double take as he noticed the girl in his mind sitting way too comfortably in someone else's lap.

"woah, woah, woah," he walked over, putting the controller on the floor before pulling y/n out of heeseung's grasp. "you know i get jealous, baby."

despite letting y/n hang out with her male best friend as often as she liked, ni-ki was deep down a little scared any time he did so. it did hurt his heart a little to see her so touchy with someone else, and although he trusted his girlfriend not to cheat, there were times when ni-ki did start second-guessing himself. he didn't know what heeseung's intentions were, and if he could fall in love with the girl so easily, why couldn't anyone else?

"relax." she giggled as her boyfriend tried to drag her out of the room. "i can walk, you know."

he shook his head, and tutted, before shutting the door to heeseung's room, and pulling y/n along to his, since it was just down the corridor. not trusting her to walk unattended, he held a soft hand on her shoulder, slightly propelling her forwards, where he wanted her to be, through his doorframe and on his bed.

"did you forget about me?" ni-ki asked, as he trapped her between his hands against the wall, shaking his head. his tone was laced with envy, and still, y/n could tell that he wasn't going to act out.

"you're so silly."

pushing him away, y/n sat down and picked up ni-ki's controller, which was a few meters away from his console, which was already switched on. the machine made a noise as y/n interacted with the screen, starting a new round.

"what are you doing, y/n?" he asked, pouting as he sat further behind her.

"if you won't let me play video games in heeseung's room, at least let me do it here."

with a frustrated sigh, ni-ki fell backwards on the mattress, letting the pillows and the duvet swallow him as he lay wondering just he had to be so impulsive.