𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴: 𝗰𝗶𝗿𝗰𝘂𝘀

1024 words

1024 words

heeseung held on to her trembling hands as her words echoed through his head: "i hate the circus, i'm scared of clowns."

she was terrified really, and holding her boyfriend's hand was the only thing she could do to calm herself down. he could feel how cold she was, and was comforting her by stroking her palms softly.

unfortunately, the other members had gifted the couple with tickets to the circus, and heeseung couldn't say no. y/n couldn't say no either, at first.

she had been very thankful and appreciative that the others had thought about her, and didnt want to spoil it. however, as the day arrived, y/n couldn't take it any longer.

that morning, the first thing that he had done was kiss her, as usual, but the second thing that he had done was ask her if she was excited to go to the circus—wrong move. before he could even conceive what what going on, she was cocooned in his arms, crying, and rocking back and forth.

after assuring her that they could just cancel the plans, y/n was adamant not to ruin the day, refusing to listen to what he had to say.

they stood, staring at the red and white tent. heeseung was excited, seeing all of the different posters around, advertising all of the acts. y/n however, wasn't. she grabbed his hand tightly, and stopped in the middle of the path.

"heeseung, i changed my mind. i want to go home."

he held her hands to his chest, not letting her escape his grasp. "no, darling, you're going to go. i didn't put up with you being a pain this morning for us not to go."

she started crying, earning attention from those around them. he patted her hair comfortingly, as she slowly calmed her breathing down.

"that's fair." she took a deep breath. "i will be okay, and i have you to keep me safe."

he chuckled, and tilted his head before looking at her; "you're right. you have me."

she slowly walked towards the gates, but not without being scared first by a large model spider to the side of them. she almost leapt directly into heeseung's arms, however he wasn't there. he was speaking to the vendor, and was soon joined by her, clinging onto his arms.

she wasn't a very clingy person, and heeseung had always been the one to initiate contact. however, that didn't mean she hated the idea, she just didn't want to be too dependent on him.

as she stood with her arms wrapped around him, she just reminded herself how he had always asked if she could be more affectionate.

she let her boyfriend do the talking, and kept her head down, frightened that if she let her eyes wonder, she would be given another reason to leave. he lent down, and gave her the ticket, pecking her forehead caringly, as he led her inside.

the circus tent itself felt much larger from the inside, and as she took her seat, she noticed just how many other people were there. usually, when heeseung would take her somewhere, he'd buy whatever seats were nearest to the door, so that she could get fresh air whenever things got too much. but, as she knew that jay had bought these tickets, she realised that they were in one of the best spots in the area.

soon, the show started. much to heeseung's disapproval, clowns started entering the middle stage from all sides. he felt y/n's hands clam up, and as a man dressed in a bright yellow suit came up to them, she hid in his chest.

"she doesn't like clowns," he mouthed to the man, although he couldn't take the hint. he sat next to them, leaning on a railing behind them, as the show continued.

after most of the show had taken place, y/n carefully peeled her eyes away from heeseung's chest, and looked around carefully. thankfully, there were no clowns in sight, and heeseung hadn't teased her about her fears.

he looked down at her, and pouted. he wasn't complaining that she had been cuddling him for most of the show, and in fact, he wanted her to continue doing so. draping his arm around her shoulders, he cradled her as she rested her head on his shoulder.

the show ended soon after, and y/n happily skipped to the car. heeseung felt nothing but pride for his girlfriend, and let her know, kissing her all over as they warmed up in the vehicle.

"you know what we need to do now." heeseung said, in between kisses. "we need to make jay face his fears."

"oh," y/n pouted. "i thought we were gonna eat ramen at home."

"darling," he held her face in her hands as he admired her eyes, and her lips. he smirked, and pecked them, "that's a given."

to say y/n was flustered was as much of an understatement as to say that she just felt nervous around clowns. y/n looked away, and out of the window, and saw her face turn so red that it was almost purple.

heeseung held her hand in his, and rested them on the edge of her seat.

"so," she swallowed the lump in her throat that threatened to render her speechless. "what is jay afraid of?"

"darling, i thought we were having a moment."

"i did too."

he leaned over, and looked at her, as they waited at some traffic lights.

"then why did you end it?" he asked simply, and used his free hand to squeeze her thighs comfortingly. she grabbed his face, closed her eyes, and kissed him.

when she opened her eyes, he was looking straight ahead with a sly poker face on. she wriggled back into her seat, slouching over. she intertwined her hands with his, and rubbed her thumb against his, showing her affection towards him.

"is that all?" he replied, and picked up the pace of the car, speeding down the motorway. she giggled, but was still shocked by all that he was doing.

maybe it was the adrenaline, maybe it was the butterflies, but her heart was beating fast.