𝗻𝗶-𝗸𝗶: 𝗮𝗯𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁

2030 words

2030 words

ni-ki entered his dorm late, in the early hours of the morning. despite his work schedules carrying on until dawn almost every day, he still wasn't accustomed to it, wanting to sleep at any chance he got.

each day sucked the life out of him, leaving him an empty vessel of a person when he left work. his energy was something he had never had a problem with before; being active, and dancing on end for hours every day, but it was more than that now. he had to control what he said, how he acted, how he felt.

he could no longer relax when night fell, or have a well-rested 8 hour sleep, so he had to shun all ideas of escape out of his mind, in an unreachable void as he carried on his days.

ni-ki did still love dancing, but it didn't give him the same joy as it once had. sure, it was satisfying to learn a routine and complete it perfectly, but they weren't his routines, and it still didn't feel perfect, what with his dancing being meticulously criticised.

he no longer had his own standards, too busy with everyone else's, and he wanted to assimilate more than anything. if that meant changing his hair, so be it. if that meant changing his diet, so be it. if that meant changing himself, so be it. ni-ki could no longer be the carefree child he once was, he now had to be an idol—a perfect form.

he leaned against the wall of the apartment, and shook his shoes off, feeling a slight release of stress now that he could rest, or at least have some alone time. his clothes were itchy, and he squirmed as he felt the wool rubbing against his bare skin: he couldn't wait to take them off.

he walked into the front room, and sprawled across the sofa. with his hands in his pockets, he took out his phone, and messaged his family back home in japan.

he made his way to his shared bedroom, wanting nothing more than to go to sleep. unfortunately, someone currently asleep on his bed prevented him from doing so.

he shook his girlfriend awake, stopping as she started stirring.

"ni-ki?"

"y/n get out of my bed."

"what?"

"you heard me," he spat out.

she froze, saddened by his tone, but she removed herself from his bunk, and faced him. his face was unreadable, she couldn't tell how he was feeling. she hated this ni-ki, the one that blanked out when she asked him important questions, who walked away when she tried to speak to him. this ni-ki tore the cracks in her heart to shreds.

"what's wrong with you? i've been waiting hours for you because you said that you'd be here three hours ago!" y/n shouted.

"go home then, it's late."

"ni-ki, i just wanted to see you, and you knew that i would be coming."

"doesn't mean i wanted you to come."