𝗷𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗶𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲

1132 words

1132 words

jake was stood with his girlfriend, y/n. the two of them stood looking at a wall of pictures next to a small pink photo booth. the wall was covered with photos of strangers, not exposing any of the darker brick behind.

"we should do that!" jake said, giddily. "it'd be awesome babe."

"jake you're an idol, you can't give people your face for free. and besides, we.." y/n gestured with her finger between them "..are also not supposed to be photographed together, although it does seem awesome indeed, and i'd be down."

"how about we get a camera then, and fill it with just us, since no one would see?" he offered, still hoping to do something cute with her.

"that might be a good idea! sunoo bought you that polaroid camera for your birthday, can we use that?"
y/n asked, leaning her face towards his, on her tiptoes, and looking expectantly at his eyes.

"i wouldn't ever say no to you. it might be in my wardrobe, we can look for it."

jake still wanted to take pictures, so he took her hand in his and threw himself in the direction of his place, hurling y/n alongside him.

jake collided with an older man, and stopped abruptly, inches from his chin. "you should be careful, young boy, i've seen many people pass through these streets and hurt themselves, be more vigilant."

jake bowed to the older male, excusing his behaviour, before checking to see if his girlfriend was still intact. he didn't mean to throw her about like a ragdoll, but that's what jake's excess energy resulted in, and she was often caught in the crossfire of his giddiness.

thankfully, she was unharmed, this time. he turned to her, now taking both of her hands in his, and carefully guided her through the crowded streets, although not before taking photos of her and the bright, inspiring neon signs around them lining the sky.

he couldn't wait to get home.

jake's excitement hadn't worn off by the time they had reached home, jake refusing to let go of her incase she would get lost. he worried that if he didn't take care of her every second, she would be disappear. at one point, y/n had to stop, just to tell jake how tightly of a grip he held her in.

they took off their shoes, and walked up the stairs, but not before kissing in the hallway, jake's soft lips and warm, clammy hands carefully cupping her cheeks, pressing against her, eager but with no force.

he looked longingly into her eyes before taking her into his bedroom proudly—which was a mess. neither of them cared though, y/n was used to it and jake wasn't fazed.

he turned to his brown wardrobe and opened the doors, pushing aside his many hoodies, most of which were black. he spotted it: a small black camera box, and he gave it to her to open, sitting on the bed.

y/n opened it carefully, not wanting to break it for his sake, and took out the camera; a small, white, polaroid. just as he had said.

she gave it willingly to jake, which he calmly took from her hands. he held it up and admired it, saying "i hope this does your beautiful face justice, and mine , eh, we'll see."

he moved a pile of clothes on the floor away, kicking them with his foot, and moving to lean against an empty wall in his bedroom, testing which angles he would take a photo from.

"y/n come here," he held his arm out, to hug her, and snuggled her into his neck, resting her head against his chest.

he held up the camera with one hand, counted down and took a selfie of the two of them, excited to see how the picture would turn out.

y/n took the camera, "let me take one of just you." she took a photo, jake with lovingly looking at her as if she was a precious treasure that he would adore forever.

she took out the picture and started waving it about. "if it's ugly, i'll give it you back."

she laughed, seeing his upset reaction, "you baby."

"but at least i'm your baby." he responded.

he looked from her photo to his, shaking it while dancing around the room, "shake it, shake it! shake it like a polaroid picture," he sang, as y/n admired him from across the room. she was used to his antics by now, used to his references, and used to his presence, but still not used to him being as touchy as he was.

by some mystery, y/n's photo developed before his, and she signalled for him to come over to see. he followed like a puppy trailing after its owner. looking over her shoulder, he smiled with content eyes, grateful to experience such a tender moment.

"y/n, you tell me that you're not photogenic, but then you go and look like this in photos. gosh, my baby is so beautiful."

"jake you're blind." y/n replied, stunned by her boyfriend's speech.

"blinded by love."

"oh, shut up."

her words didn't affect him, instead he took a piece of tape and stuck the picture directly in the centre of the wall that it had been taken in front of.

"many more to go."

feeling clingy, he sunk his arms around her waist, pinning her arms by her side. sweetly rocking her from side to side, he just giggled quietly as she reluctantly obeyed. she stayed quiet, wanting to be coddled by him forever.

he pulled her onto his bed, being wary to not suffocate her, as he held her tighlty, whispering again and again how much he loved her into her ears, breathing deeply as he mixed his words with kisses.

a real softie at heart, he lay staring at the girl as though she had made all of his wildest dreams come true; looking at her as though she held the world in her eyes.

"did i ever tell you about the time i photobombed someone in a photobooth? it was really embarrassing, this couple were kissing, and my head was just blocking the camera. in my defence i didn't know it was in use.."

"y/n we were having a moment," jake snapped. "shut up and just let me hold you."

jake leaned over, towering over the girl, with either arm above her head on his pillows. he leaned in to kiss her, taken over by his love, and kissing her deeply, before kissing every other part of her face.

y/n, seeing this as a sign, reached behind his head, gripping onto his soft, brown hair, deepening his kisses, tugging on the ends, before cupping his ears.

jake shifted to the side of the bed, reaching inside his pants, before producing his picture, "here's your polaroid, love."