𝗷𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘆

1594 words

1594 words

in every interview where he was asked about what he missed in australia, or his ideal date, he'd always give the same answer: the beaches in brisbane were the best, and nothing could compare to lying on the sand and watching the sunset.

sure, there were beaches in korea, nice ones too, but there was something about staring out towards the open pacific that couldn't be parallelled.

and jake would tell his girlfriend all about them; fine white sand and rolling waves perfect to surf on. he'd dream of being home, with her.

he'd wished for it so much that y/n and his members were both well aware of his yearning. not only by his words but also through the lyrics that he had contributed to the latest album; did he believe that he could just write a song about wanting to go home and his childhood without people taking notice? it was beyond a pining for going to australia at this point, it was an ache that he held onto.

so, the most obvious plan was hatched; he'd have a surprise break to visit the place he loved so much, and who else would go with him but the person he loved so much.

jake was so surprised when he opened his birthday present to see two return flight tickets: icn-bne. yes, he knew that he had been dropping hints but being an idol meant that he had to be okay with staying in seoul. he didn't know who to hug first; jungwon, who had given him the present; jay, who had been the one to buy the tickets that were first class, by the way; or y/n, who he was delighted to go on a trip with.

the day of their departure arrived sooner than expected: jake hadn't even packed his luggage due to his busy schedule, and when he was woken up by his girlfriend, it was only then that he realised that their trip was about to begin.

thankfully, y/n had completed the tedious job of packing his bags for him, and he just had to bring himself along. y/n was happy to do so, remembering all his big hoodies that she liked to wear to smell him, and formal shirts that just the image of him wearing made her blush.

when they arrived at the airport, it was just as busy as it usually was, with children riding their suitcases and the sound of endless suitcases rolling along the hard marble floor. jake had been able to evade paparazzi photos, with his members updating his sns by imitating him with old photos. that didn't mean he could relax yet though because he still had to wear a mask over his face and a hat which obscured most of his vision. that being said, it was better than no freedom at all.

jake read the departures screen, entertained by the constant influx of information concerning the flights leaving, and announced each change to the table as it appeared, along with a stream of "where's that airport?" and"i've been there".

y/n had settled with him in the business lounge, drinking despite it not even being past noon yet. she watched jake whose eyes were almost sparkling, transfixed on the planes coming and going, and mentioning each time a different model appeared. she took a few photos inconspicuously, that she wouldn't share with him, and carried on sitting in their booth patiently until a noise echoed through the overhead speakers, and someone spoke on the tannoy, asking passengers travelling to brisbane to head to the correct gate.