𝗷𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻

961 words

961 words

jake sim was a good student, with high grades of As and Bs, but what he struggled with was girls,

or specifically, y/n.

she and jake only had one class in common: spanish. and spanish class was jake's weakest subject, so there was NO WAY he would jeopardise his grades for her.

instead he tried to forget her; but she was all he ever thought about in those lessons, he was so smitten that most of his friends knew.

for example, sunghoon. jake saw y/n every tuesday, before lunchtime, and as sunghoon would go to meet jake, he would see jake's puppy eyes, drooling over her.

today was just another tuesday for jake and y/n, although on this particular day sunghoon wanted to mix things up between the pair.

sunghoon didn't know whether y/n liked jake, but he persisted, because he was sick of jake's sulking. sunghoon had a plan.

however, the lesson played out exactly as it did each week, with jake sat in the front row repeatedly dropping his pen or looking up at the clock as an excuse to turn around and see her.

y/n caught on today though, for the first time, wondering how long his actions had been taking place for. she couldn't meet his eyes, feeling herself sink further into her chair.

soon enough, the lesson was over, and y/n was packing up her books, and walking to get her lunch.

little did y/n know, sunghoon was just around the corner, plotting how to make their stars cross.

but just like romeo and juliet, they were from two different worlds. y/n retreated back to the library after eating, whilst jake was now sitting in the cafeteria waiting for one of his best friends.

fortunately, sunghoon had now returned, and was ready to pull some strings on jake.

"yo sunghoon, how are you bro?"

"yo, jake!"

"i am such a happy man right now, you know?" the boy replied, twirling his spaghetti around his fork.

"why-?"

"no reason," jake giggled, feeling warm inside.

"jake can you help me write some notes, i'm trying to work out what to put on my sister's birthday cake, yeji, remember?"

"yeah sure, have you got some paper?"

sunghoon handed jake some small patterned note cards, 5 to be exact.

jake didn't take long to scribble some heartfelt words onto the coloured cards.

"jake!" sunghoon whisper-yelled, taking them from underneath jake's arm.
"these are beautiful! thanks bro."

the two did their classic handshake, and talked about their days. sunghoon talked about him not having completed his korean homework, because apparently,
"korean is easy, jake."

jake sighed, as sunghoon bringing this up reminded jake to do his own. he picked up his exercise book, and found the page assigned as homework.

jake saw how he had already completed the work with little to no effort, and sunghoon peered over after, to check. indeed, it wasn't hard at all, jake must have been well focussed and not paying attention to anything else.

at the same time, y/n returned from the library to her locker, to put away her new books; she had just checked out a new contemporary romance novel, and a copy of the book that she had been studying for english.

y/n opened her locker, and put her books away as normal, and y/n's locker was very organised; with binders for her core subjects at the top, and her other books neatly lined underneath. so, it was very easy for y/n to spot the small pieces of paper at the edge of the bare grey shelf.

obviously intrigued, she began to read them, for extraordinary things like these filled her with excitement.

—————————
i think you're
pretty cool
—————————

——————————
free hug coupon
for one cutie
——————————

———————————
you're golden,
and to you, i'll only
ever be silver
————————————

———————————————
i want to live laugh love
with you
———————————————

———————————————
stay exactly who you are,
i love you!
———————————————

y/n looked around, to see any suspicious activity, although she desperately wanted these to be real. but who were they from?

y/n went to her next class, hiding the second card in her book, and staring at it throughout the next hour.

it had now gotten to the end of the day, and y/n still hadn't found her mystery lover, whoever they were, and she gave in to the idea that they were not real, and if they were, not meant for her anyway.

the bell rang to signify the end of the school day, and she began her way home, although this time she decided to wait behind a couple of minutes, to see if maybe someone was waiting for her, or wanted to talk to her.

nope, nothing. after almost ten minutes of waiting around, she decided to jack it in and just go home.

but just to sunghoon's luck, that meant that y/n was now walking home less than a metre from him and jake. of course sunghoon used this as his chance.

"so jake, how did you come up with those notes? i feel like she means more to you than i do, don't replace me with her!"

jake shrugged, "ah, i guess they come naturally, i do care about her a lot though and i hope they make her smile, and i want that hug coupon so badly."

y/n couldn't believe what she had just heard, her ears were burning. y/n decided to go for it though, she reached over to tap jake on the shoulder and jake him that aforementioned ticket.

jake looked at her with wide eyes, confused as to what the piece of paper was, before opening it, and becoming even more confused.

"jake?" y/n asked calmly, wanting jake to consent, as she had caught him off-guard.

jake smiled and hugged her back straightaway, squealing her shoulders and nuzzling into her neck.

"wow." sunghoon deadpanned. his plan may have worked but these two lovebirds now made him lonelier than ever.