𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴: 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗷𝗼𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸

1592 words

1592 words

heeseung had been feeling rough. after a week of exhausting shows and interviews that went on until the early hours of the morning, he was tired and stressed out too. it was at times like this that he would stretch his legs, sit on the sofa, and play videogames until sunrise.

heeseung was coming back from the grocer's when he found three other faces sat in front of the tv. he couldn't find it in himself to be mad though, it was his turn to do the food shop, and he had told his younger flatmates that they could use his console when they wanted to, provided he wasn't wanting to use it himself. as he watched them from the kitchen counter, their tired expressions matched his own and it would take a summoning of all his remaining energy to oppose his previous words.

he shuffled across the hard floor, taking out items and putting them away, sparing some glances towards the group that were now becoming rowdier as they jumped up and down, and shouted at each other. there was only one bag left to unpack when heeseung heard the dreaded noise, a crack followed by a silence that seemed to go on until he walked over to confront who had made that sound.

it was unmistakable, the sound of a button bent out of place, plastic cracking in a way it wasn't supposed to. he stood in front of the tv and is eyes went straight to ni-ki, who looked at him with wide eyes, pointing desperately to his side, at the others. jake was the subject of heeseung's next glare, and with hands shaking in front of his chest and an innocent countenance, the console owner looked towards the next person, jungwon, who had his head in his hands, covering a crushed joystick that rested limply against his lap.

a moment later, perhaps because he felt outstared by the man in front of him, jungwon looked up and made eye contact with heeseung, immediately rushing to apologise.

"i'm really sorry, i'll by you a new one, i didn't mean to, i swear-"

in that moment, heeseung wasn't in a place to shout or curse, instead he just walked away, massaging the tension out of his temples. that (now broken) joystick was one of the few things that he had relocated from his childhood home, so to have it now obsolete was even more saddening to him than if it had been if it were new, like the rest of his gaming setup.

the dorm was small, so at times it felt suffocating. it didn't help heeseung to calm down as he saw scattered clothes and misellaneous items discarded along the skirting board leading up towards his room: just a reminder that his members didn't care about their things, something that he had to learn the hard way.

he stopped himself though, and reminded himself that it wasn't intentional, even if it seemed inevitable. he had no right to get angry or upset, and he could always order a new joystick anyway. in his room, he had a little desk, which his laptop was charging on. sitting down, he searched for a replacement, ignoring the nagging voice in his head to make the younger dormmate pay for it. scanning the search results, the model he wanted was no where to be found, and the closest match was already sold out. he turned on the notifications for when it would come back in stock, and let his head drop to the table defeatedly.