𝗻𝗶-𝗸𝗶: 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗲𝗻𝗵𝘆𝗽𝗲𝗻

1088 words

1088 words

for an episode of en-o'clock (enhypen's reality show) fans were asked to send in questions. these questions were then put into a bowl. the boys were very tired, it was the early hours of the morning, and they hadn't woken up properly yet.

the seven members sat on plush sofas and began to take pieces of paper out one by one, from a glass bowl, positioned on a table in the centre.

jay was first, and began reading the message to the group: "what is the song you have the most fun performing?" he looked at the rest of his group, them nodding to him as if to signal that they already knew the answer. "blessed-cursed has been very fun because we think the style really suits us, definitely more than other comebacks, so it's been great."

jay threw the paper behind him, and signalled for another member to speak. sunoo started nudging ni-ki, ushering him to speak, so ni-ki took a paper out of the bowl, rolling his eyes as he saw sunoo laughing out of the corner of his eyes. "what is your favourite food at the moment?"

ni-ki began to answer, "at the dorm we have a lot of cooked food, by jay and other.."

"members", jay blurted out.

".. yeah so i've been enjoying that food because they put a lot of care into it."

"cute," sunghoon deadpanned, feigning illness at ni-ki's disgustingly cute answer.

at this time, the door opened, revealing their stylist, who had been bringing in new clothes for their next shoot, since they would film these episodes back to back. "sorry," she excused herself as she brought in a rack of jackets and jumpers.

after her, another stylist entered, bashfully looking down, embarrassed to see everyone's eyes on her.

the boys looked to the director, who asked them to continue shooting. jake picked up a question this time, "what have you been doing to relax recently?" he thought carefully, before answering "i've been walking around the city, through parks, and by the river, it's been very calming and healing."

the racks being brought in were still rattling, quite loudly, so they had to cut the cameras.

as the two women came over to apologise to the director, the boys just watched them. sunoo continued to tease ni-ki, pointing subtlely to the newer of the stylists, "there's your chef, why don't you ask her for more of her michelin star recipes?"

ni-ki shushed him, before turning away from the others, just to face him, and whispered, "she's not the best chef ever, but she tries, and she's cute."

"oh!" sunoo scoffed, "she cannot cook, she managed to under season the ramen yesterday, and it comes with the seasoning!" he looked away from ni-ki, folding his arms over his chest in disagreement. "she also only comes to the dorm for fittings, not because she likes you."

the aforementioned girl came over to offer touch-ups to the boys, to which ni-ki agreed, if only to get him away from sunoo. "hi y/n, how are you today?"

"hi ni-ki, i'm just a bit busy at the moment i'm sorry i'm rushing, i've just got a lot to do; i have to order your new shoes, and my boss has given me much more to do this week, so i won't be around much because i'll be all over the warehouse packing orders—and no fittings this week with you guys."

"that's a shame, what if i help you, i've not got any more schedules this week, that gives me three days off."

"thanks ni-ki, but it's not your job, you need to rest, speaking of my job, lift up your arms i need to see if the shoulders fit correctly or need adjusting."

"they should be fine y/n, you always go above and beyond, plus, i sat it the way you told me to so they wouldn't budge."

ni-ki smiled, waiting for y/n to do the same.

she instead called sunghoon over, wanting to check that his boots were comfortable, before taking two fabric plasters to insert at the back of his shoes, covering his heels. he watched y/n's eyes, full of worry, and felt saddened by the way her forehead seemed permanently ceased in disapproval.

jungwon saw ni-ki just hanging around y/n, so dragged him back to the seating area, and towards sunoo again. at this point, he was uncontrollably laughing, kicking his feet on the floor, clapping, and throwing his head backwards and forwards. ni-ki sat next to him, trying to disguise how embarrassed he felt, being once again rejected by y/n.

he had told sunoo at the start of the year that he would go on a date with her by the end of the year, and the end of the year was fast approaching. countless times he had offered to take y/n out, but she always had an excuse, whether it was work or issues to attend to.

ni-ki couldn't take no for an answer, and wouldn't give up. sunoo had told him after the first time he had been rejected to just 'forget it, it won't happen', but this only pushed ni-ki further, wanting to prove his friend wrong. however, he still hasn't even gotten her phone number, each time he saw her he would talk himself up to doing it, but fumble when conversing.

sunoo finally calmed down, and it was his turn to go to the stylist. he strode over to y/n and presented his outfit as though he was modelling a new collection, even though y/n had literally picked the items out for him.

"voilà, y/n, your favourite idol has arrived, and look, perfect, i'm all good to go." he held his thumbs up, making y/n giggle, she returned the gesture, a smile spreading across her face for the first time today.

he waltzed over to ni-ki, his head held high, as he saw ni-ki looking sullen, the emotion drained from his face. "don't say anything, i don't care, she isn't even coming to the dorm this week, it sucks."

"i didn't know" sunoo replied, comforting the younger boy as he looked as though he would burst into tears at any moment.

"the cameras are rolling in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." the director shouted, catching their attention.

and so once again, ni-ki plastered on a nonchalant expression; concealing his emotions, and spacing out for the rest of the day, suffering alone, and in silence. at this point even the name en-o'clock he felt was mocking him, this being anything but his time.