𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴: 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝘆

1250 words

1250 words

"pretty boys always break your heart," y/n told her best friend eunha, matter-of-factly. "go run to him, and have your fun, but just know it won't last."

"does that include me?" their other friend, kai, chimed in. "because i'm hot, yeah, get it?"

his statement went unnoticed, as the y/n became more irritated, and eunha more enthusiastic.

"y/n, how are you so wise? you've not even had your first kiss yet," she teased her, poking her fingers into the other's chest.

"you don't have to love to know that happiness doesn't last. heeseung and his girlfriend broke up last week, remember? everyone said that they'd be together for years, and what did i say?"

"you said that they wouldn't last a semester." kai answered for eunha, only half-paying attention, as he was preoccupied by eating his bowl of icecream, mint icecream to be precise.

"and how long did they last eunha?"

"two months."

y/n sat with her arms crossed, resting her shoulders on the table. with a smug look at eunha, she began drinking her lemonade.

"y/n, why don't you have a relationship that lasts longer than two months? i dare you. better still, date heeseung for more than two months, and then tell us your opinion."

"eunha's right. y/n, even their two month relationship was longer than any of yours."

"kai, you didn't have to call me out like that!"

y/n looked at her reflection in the window that they were sitting by; she saw the couples on the street, and she had to admit that she had wanted that too at some point.

"oh my god y/n. heeseung just walked in, and he's coming over."

"what!" y/n spit out her drink, spilling it down her shirt. she frantically tried drying it, taking a handful of napkins, and pressing them against the wet clothes.

"hello kai, eunha, and y/n! i thought i'd see you guys here. i don't know if you heard but my girl broke up with me, so i don't have anywhere to go right now. long time no speak y/n, right?"

y/n looked up, and her worries only amplified as she stared into his glossy eyes. "yeah," she replied, scratching the back of her neck out of habit.

"mind if i join you guys?" he asked the group, but he was mainly just searching kai's eyes for any hints of jealousy.

"we'd love that," kai replied, giving heeseung a genuine smile. "do you want me to get you anything?"

"an iced americano would be nice, thanks hueningkai!"

"ah, it's no problem! just call me kai from now on."