𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗼𝗼: 𝘀𝗮𝗳𝗲𝗿

1269 words

1269 words

the noise woke y/n up. the rattling through the house shook her room, and she could feel vibrations from the footsteps.

she tried to close her eyes tightly, and just go back to sleep, smothering herself in her blanket, and just trying to ignore the noises that were scaring her.

restlessly, she shuffled between her covers, trying to bury herself in the duvet, and quickly gave up. she opened her eyes, which only widened when she heard the noises become louder. footsteps pounded against the floor, and she became terrified.

she grabbed her phone, and switched it on: it was 3am. hesitantly, she descended from her bed, and crept towards the noise, all the while being half-asleep.

she made the floorboards creak beneath her, so often she thought that she must be the unluckiest person in the world. she stopped for a second, but then realised why she was heading out of her room—truly, she had to be the unluckiest person in the world.

she took another step forward.

after debating silently whether or not to turn the lights on, she decided against it, just using the flashlight from her phone. it wasn't the best light; it was too bright for this time at night, and it only illuminated a very small area before her. creeping down the hall, she gripped onto her phone as though her life depended on it—perhaps it did.

the noises subsided, which made her even more cautious: she no longer knew where they were coming from, and she was not about to get herself kidnapped.

she reached her kitchen, which under normal circumstances wouldn't be much of a feat, but in this situation, it was something she could appreciate. she walked over to her front door, and checked that it was locked. good, she thought: it was.

she turned around, and started to walk back to her bedroom, closing her bathroom door, which she had not realised she had left open. she waltzed back towards her room, feeling a sudden chill down her back; it reminded her that she was never awake at this time, because no one ever made a noise at this time. she almost stepped foot into her room when she heard a voice.

"what do you think you're doing." the voice echoed through the rooms, and the words spoken sounded much more like a command than a question.

she screamed.

the next thing she knew, a large figure that she didn't recognise, was holding onto her. she noted his broad shoulders, and large arms. there was no way that she could get out of this.

"what do you want?" she shouted, wriggling out of his grasp.

"you," he spat down her ear, making her cry.

"please, no. just leave me alone." she tried kicking him in the groin, she tried peeling his hands off of her arms, but there was no use fighting against his grasp, he was far stronger than her.