POST SCRIPT

what made you scroll until here? it's just complete nonsense.

to start it off, it's my first time finishing a book with almost 15k reads (currently at 14,955), 500+ comments and 1k+ votes. Thank you to everyone who contributed to that, even to the silent readers and the others who got bored midway because of the slow burn and didn't continue reading further. Y'all are the reason for this...success.

anw, you can literally just skip this nonsense update if you're not interested in whatever I'm about to say. There's nothing here, just random stuff about the journey of how I managed to create this, uh, story plot.

try-hard isn't supposed to be an adjective for riki, who was trying so hard to get close to sunoo. try-hard is supposed to describe sunoo. he didn't know he was gay on the first half of the story and he was trying to cover his ‘feminine’ gestures/features by trying to stay away from people and attentions.

it was supposed to be that way, but I think I failed to portray Sunoo's character as a try-hard masculine. he was always sassy with riki testing his patience every day.

also, try-hard au is supposed to be a short au only, at least on my first day creating the outline. the original plot was about riki who thinks he has seen through sunoo and announce him as gay, but sunoo will deny it. then, riki will do everything to prove to everyone that sunoo was gay. he started by copying his shirt and telling everyone that they are wearing couples.

sunoo will end up confronting riki about it, and then they will make a deal, or bet (kinda). the cliché pretend boyfriends. and then, sunoo will realize he was gay and they fell in love with each other. the pretend boyfriends became real couples, as easy as that.

the final outcome was this book. the background story of the side ships, friendships and their families are all unnecessary dramas that i've added to make the short story long. it was fun writing it, though i messed up some parts.

if you noticed it, riki's mother left him when he was twelve and he discovered he was jay's brother when he was fifteen. i often forget about those little details, so there were errors on some specific parts.

the major error was about heejakehoon. i've already edited it in chapter one, but if you can still remember, i originally wrote jakehoon as cousins. i was thrilled to try poly and i forgot about it, thankfully someone noticed. so yeah, heejakehoon happened.

i failed to make jaywon shine bright like a diamond in this book, tho. they sail irl so i don't think they need to shine in this au as well. i'm satisfied with all the jaywon clips, fan service or pure friendship.

in all honesty, it's my intention to leave jaywon as friends here. when i started furnishing the plot, the original side ship was only HEEWON.

jake dumped hee because he was afraid his family won't accept him as gay, right? jungwon and heeseung often meet outside university. jungwon secretly likes heeseung. and then jay came when he rescued jungwon's cat, engene.

supposedly, jay and jungwon will be friends but jay secretly likes him. however, he knew jungwon likes heeseung so he will not make a move. at the end, when jake finally realized his parents will accept him no matter who he is, heeseung has already fallen in love with jungwon.

thus, we will have heewon, and three broken hearted individuals in the name of jake, sunghoon and jungwon. as for sunghoon, i will not edit out the fact that he is jake's cousin and he liked heeseung first.

but then, as i said, i was thrilled with heejakehoon so i crossed out the idea of heewon.

you can continue jaywon's love story in your own imagination anw. but if you're ever curious how i will end jaywon's story, you'd only be sad.