twenty-two

Riki groans in pain as he tried walking without the cast on his leg.

Although he was adviced to keep it on for three more days, Riki can't wait any longer. He's been missing the feeling of walking outside this apartment.

And he's missing this one person more.

The pain in his leg is more bearable than being locked inside the apartment for the holiday. Santa should gift him this day. He wanted to go outside and meet someone—if he will be lucky enough.

+++

Sunoo eyed the food displayed on the counter, his mouth watering at the sight of christmas desserts.

The university cafeteria have made all this desserts for the students who stayed inside the university. The desserts are all free and Sunoo will probably take everything he likes.

Imagine eating all of his favorite desserts for free, it's a dream come true.

Sunoo started picking out his most favorite ones, the person assisting him hides a smile of judgement.

After he was done picking, he sat on the nearest table to wait for his food. He took out his phone, ready to tell Jungwon his excitement.

“Sunoo.”

Sunoo looked up, finding the freshman who was missing for four days standing a few feet away from him.

“Riki,” Sunoo smiles.

He felt relieved after finally seeing Riki. He thought the freshman really was hurt by the words he have said the last time they met. He thought Riki will stop talking to him, and although it is something Sunoo wanted, he felt sad by the thought of it.

Riki was the only person keeping up with his sudden mood change.

“Come sit here,” Sunoo said.

“I should not,” Riki shook his head.

“Why not?” Sunoo asked, looking around the cafeteria.

There were only at least five students inside the cafeteria and they're all minding their own businesses. At some point, Sunoo felt relieved that Riki is considering his feelings.

He was not that annoying at all, at least in this moment.

“It's fine, they won't care just as you said,” Sunoo said.

Instead of answering, Riki only looked up. Sunoo followed his gaze and looked up too, finding a mistletoe above his table. He looked back at Riki who has now a playful smile on his lips.

“If it's okay for you to kiss, I can join you there,” Riki said, playfully stepping forward.

Okay, he's still annoying as hell.

Sunoo felt his cheeks heat up. “Just s-stay where you are,” he stutters.

Riki stepped back as Sunoo looks away.

+++

Riki sat down on the table near Sunoo, letting his feet rest.

He have strolled outside the university for quite a while before he came here. His legs were almost numb after walking here and there, trying to look for Sunoo. Luckily, he found him here at last.

He waited for a little more than five minutes before Sunoo finally got his order and they've walked out the cafeteria. Riki made sure to walk one feet away from the sophomore.

He noticed all the mistletoe placed anywhere in the university, and Sunoo will probably hate it if they ever caught standing under one. Riki considers his feelings and he doesn't want him to be embarassed.