sixty-seven

Heeseung heard his phone beeped from his desk. He briefly eyed the device to see who texted him before he went back to explaining some things about dogs and whatever to his client.

It was Riki who texted him, and after the client left, Heeseung finally checked the message. Riki sent a picture, it was Jake visiting the university but more like visiting Sunghoon.

“Someone's cheating,” Riki wrote as a caption, which only made Heeseung laugh.

Of course not. Him and Jake now live on the same roof. Heeseung was supposed to get a job in his hometown, but Jake's father insisted on funding Heeseung's own vet clinic in the city. Now, Heeseung has his own clinic while Jake is busy with their company.

Heeseung knew all about this visit and whatnot. Jake was never secretive, he always told Heeseung everything that ran over his mind. Heeseung learned to accept everything, even the fact that he was not alone in Jake's heart.

+++

Jungwon pushed the door open, his entrance to the clinic had caught the attention of the kitten roaming freely inside. The kitten immediately went up to him, jumping from the seat to his shoulder.

“Engene!” Jungwon greeted the cat who snuggled up to his neck.

“Oh, it's you,” Heeseung walks out from one of the doors, holding a dog's shampoo. “Feel free to do anything here while you wait for Jay, I'm only giving Layla a bath.”

“Yeah, thanks,” Jungwon only answered, already used to staying inside the clinic alone.

He was always here every friday. Heeseung became the sole cat sitter of Engene and Jungwon visited the cat once a week. Friday was the only day where Jay has the time to meet with them, and the first thing on his schedule is to see Jungwon in Heeseung's clinic.

Heeseung has become a third-wheel to a love story that has no progress in it. It was just Jungwon and Jay acting as usual, but the people around them became frustrated because of the lack of relationship progress.

Eh, Jay solved everyone's problem but he can't solve his.

+++

“Boo!”

Sunoo stepped back, almost losing his balance as Riki suddenly appeared in the corner to surprise him. He glared at the younger. He already knew that the whole “I'll be in the cafeteria first” was suspicious but he still fell for it.

Riki only laughs.

As days went by, Riki went back to his playful self- like the teenager going through rebellious phase. He was still clingy and sweet, but he's becoming more and more annoying. The little pranks never failed to ruin Sunoo's day.

“Nothing's funny,” Sunoo said, rolling his eyes.

“Hm,” Riki nodded, “What you did right now was funny to me.”

“Glad you're having fun,” Sunoo sarcastically said, walking past the smiling sophomore.

Riki reached out to hold Sunoo's hand, the older didn't bulge and let the younger intertwined their fingers together. Riki then matched Sunoo's walking pace as they both headed to the cafeteria.

“Where do you want to go after lunch?” Riki asked. “At the back of the library or the grandstand?”

“Neither,” Sunoo said, shaking his head upon remembering things.

Riki laughs beside him. “Ain't those two the most romantic places in school?”

Based on the romance stories, yes. But in reality, Sunoo has realized it's a place where nasty couples spend their little dates. Maybe Sunoo tried sleeping at the back of the library while Riki does his homework, their hands still intertwined under the table. Everything was fine until they heard stifled moans.

Not to mention the grandstand. It's a dating spot, but Sunoo didn't imagine couples kissing in such a public place. In fact, as if in sync, every couple sitting on the grandstand started kissing and Riki gave him an eyebrow raised as if hinting for something.

“Ew, please,” Sunoo said. “Stop making me remember those things.”

Sunoo's image of romantic places was ruined. Only the ice cream dates remained romantic, but not until Riki started complaining about mint flavors.

Riki pulled on Sunoo's arm, bringing their intertwined hands up to give Sunoo's back hand a kiss.

“I heard Jay and Jungwon are having a little date, let's ruin it,” Riki said.

Sunoo sighed.

“Can we leave them alone and have our own date instead?” Sunoo asked.

“Depends,” Riki said.

“On what?”

“If you want either the back of the library or the grandstand.”

Sunoo mentally face-palmed.

+++

A/N:

These last four chapters are the hardest to write, honestly. Idk how to end a story, but I tried. I'm currently writing the heejake+hoon special, look forward to it on friday.

tengyu_