eight

“Just hold on to that the whole subject, but don't be too obvious about it,” Jungwon said.

Sunoo nervously held the fake ID hanging on his neck. His palm covering the plastic holder that held up his credit card, as a props in place of his missing ID card.

He reluctantly part ways with Jungwon, as they have different classroom. He nervously walks down the aisle, still hiding his fake ID on his palm.

They were college already, but some instructor has a strict rules about wearing ID's. It happens that his first class requires wearing the ID or else he'd be marked absent.

Getting an absent mark should be fine, but it isn't the first time he's getting it. Sunoo is a really forgetful person and he have already got marked absent five times in this class. Two marks to go and he's forced drop.

It was such a bad timing because Jungwon left his ID in the library in exchange of the books he borrowed. The least thing Sunoo could do is to fake his ID with the use of his credit card. It has the same size and color, at least, it will not be that obvious.

“Why do you seem nervous?”

Sunoo just continued walking. This freshman really has nothing to do. He was always there to annoy him early in the morning.

“Ah, you're faking your ID card,” the freshman laughs, following him. “You're so obvious, Sunoo.”

Thankfully, he's not wearing the same shirt as Sunoo. Although, something about him today seemed really really weird.

“You should talk to me if you want it back.”

No, Sunoo, just keep walking.

The freshman laughs again.

“You will regret ignoring me, Sunoo.”

Sunoo released a sigh when the freshman disappeared from beside him. He can finally walk in silence to his room. All the way to his classroom, one thought bothered him, how does the freshman knows his name?

Luckily, Sunoo isn't caught faking his ID card. He held on to it dearly until lunch came and he can finally take it off.

“Hi.”

Both Jungwon and Sunoo looked up from their food to see the freshman standing before their lunch table.

“I was told to give back the things that is not mine,” the freshman said.

Both boys remained staring as the freshman removes the lace hanging on his neck. When he placed it down om the table, Sunoo finally realized it was his missing ID card.

+++

Riki looked back at their usual lunch table, two pair of eyes watching him.

“You have my ID card all this time?” Sunoo asked, picking up the lace.

“I was giving it back to you this morning but you won't talk to me,” Riki said.

“Sorry,” Sunoo said, “It's just that you did nothing but to annoy me.”

Riki faked a smile. It was not his plan to give the ID card back as early as today, if not for Jake seeing it and Jay treathening him. Those duo are good at ruining his fun.

“Thank you,” Sunoo said, smiling.

Riki stood there a little longer, watching a bright and sincere smile he have just seen after months of following the sophomore around.

“Riki!”

He reluctantly turned around and walk back to their table after hearing Jay calling his name using a warning tone.

Riki looked back at Sunoo's table once he was sitted beside Jake. He wanted to see that kind smile again.

tengyu_