nine

Riki got woken up early in a weekend morning. Jay entered his room with a box in his hand. Riki silently watch as Jay opened his closet and took out the black shirts inside.

“Why are you taking it all out?” Riki asked, half-asleep.

The older boy didn't speak as he continued to shove every black shirt inside the box.

“Where are you taking it? Are we moving house again?” Riki asked again, this time he's fully awake.

“I've had enough of your playful acts, Riki. I was the one doing your laundry and you change clothes three to five times a day. It is now the time to confiscate these shirts,” Jay said.

Heeseung appeared on the door frame of his room.

“People in need will be grateful to you Riki,” Heeseung said.

Riki confusely stares at him.

“Do you wanna come with me to the charity? I'll drop all your beloved black shirts there,” Heeseung spoke again.

“Charity? You're donating my shirts without my permission?” Riki asked, eyes wide.

He looked at his half-brother with his betrayed puppy eyes.

Jay didn't speak as Riki pursed his lips. He wanted to fight for all his clothes, but he knew Jay will not back off this time. He had this very serious look in his face and Riki didn't want to make him anymore mad.

He stood up from his bed, pick out a pair of outfit before he entered the bathroom. He took a shower and change his clothes. The moment he walked out, the two older men weren't in his room anymore.

He took his phone from its charger and his wallet before leaving the house. He didn't bother to tell anyone where he's going. He rode the bus for half an hour before he finally walk down the familiar streets of the city.

He didn't forget to buy himself something to eat along the way to an inexclusive dance studio.

“Riki?” the boy's face lit up when Riki entered the practice room he once used to hone his dancing skills.

“Hanbin, Taki!” Riki smiled, greeting his older friends.

“You're here!” Hanbin screeched, coming over to hug Riki. “Why, what made you come here?”

Riki shook his head, “Can't I come here without any reason?”

“Of course, you can. Feel free to visit anytime you like,” Taki said, giving him a hug too.

Hanbin and Taki were Riki's childhood bestfriend. They met here at the dance studio as trainees. Now though, Hanbin is already a dance teacher and Taki is his assistant.

Riki isn't actually good at dancing. He was not even interested in it, until his eight grade. He watched a dance performance on the streets and an specific dancer caught his attention.

He remember coming back to that same street every afternoon, watching the same group of dancers performing. That specific dancer outshining everyone in the group. He was exceptional, his moves and his facial expressions. He has the spotlight in every performances they've done.

Riki then became interested in dancing and signed up for a lesson. He have realized he's actually good at it and he started developing a hobby. He dreamt of a day to come where he will meet that dancer in a competetion.

However, before it could finally happen, the dancer isn't in the group anymore. Riki hadn't seen him performing on the stage nor the streets. He just disappeared out of nowhere and Riki regretted not knowing his name.

+++

Sunoo walked silently, hiding himself in the light of the street. He hugged himself with the thin jacket he brought with him, the coldness seeping through its worn threads.

No wonder, it is on the third week of November and the snow might fall soon.

He was just about to go back to the university after the long day of roaming the streets alone. He takes time in window shopping and treating himself sweets. He's doing it everytime Jungwon goes home at weekend and he's left all alone.

“Holy f—” Sunoo almost curses when someone suddenly joins him in walking, putting his arms over his shoulder and pulling him close.

“It's me,” the person said.

Sunoo look up to see the freshman wearing comfortable winter clothes, as if he's ready for the upcoming winter. He tried pushing him away but the freshman didn't even budge.

“Are you a mushroom? Stop appearing everywhere, can you?” Sunoo said, annoyed.

“This jacket isn't black, how come?” the freshman asked curiously, looking at Sunoo.

Sunoo can only roll his eyes.

“Mind your own business,” Sunoo said, pushing the freshman in full force.

The freshman finally let him go and Sunoo didn't care as he walked faster, ignoring the freshman's existence. He didn't dare looking back, but he knew the freshman is still following him.

Until suddenly, white cold pieces of something falls from their head.

“Snow!” The freshman excitedly shouted.

Sunoo stopped walking and looked up. A few snowflakes falls freely from the sky. He looked back at the freshman who was trying to catch a snow with his bare hands.

Too childish.

The freshman even closed his eyes as he makes a wish after catching one snowflakes. He was not even able to blew it off because then it already turned to water.

“Why?” The freshman asked when he sees him staring. “Do you not believe in snow fulfilling wishes?”

“No,” Sunoo simply replied.

“How about the other beliefs of first snowfall?”

Sunoo turned away and continued walking.

Sunoo didn't bother to said his goodbye before entering the university's gate, seeing as the freshman continued walking down the street. He must be living in an apartment.

The freshman's question rang in his head as he walks alone to the dorms.

First snowfall beliefs are just a movie thing, it ain't real.

tengyu_