one

Why?!

Riki had to question himself multiple times as he watched the pouring rain outside the building.

Why is there no pathway connecting the buildings together? It would really be helpful in rainy days like this, where he needed to go to the other building for his next class. How could he even walk thirty meters away without getting soaked? Even if he runs, he will still be soaked wet.

And why didn't he bought raincoats and umbrellas? He is rich enough to afford thousands of it, but why didn't he thought of buying at least one?

Riki sighed in defeat, he should've come earlier with his other classmates and didn't bother to leave his notes on the locker. If he only knew that the rain will pour once he was about to step outside the roof. Now, there he is standing on the corner, waiting until the rain will stop. He seemed too calm for someone who is already twenty minutes late to his class.

Ten minutes later, a group of girls walked down the stairs. Riki watched as they share umbrellas and walk to the next building. Some other boys ran across the pouring rain with their bags covering their head as well.

Riki could have done that as well, but he's too cool for that. He'd rather be late and absent. He doesn't even have a bag with him, just an expensive black ballpoint on his pocket.

Another boy emerges from the stairs. He's alone and he's got an umbrella ready on his hand. Riki watch the boy's every step until he reach the end of the roof. Riki quickly joins the boy under the umbrella, nudging him to the side to keep himself safe from any water dripping.

“Oh my, what,” the boy screeched.

“Sharing is caring,” Riki said as he took the umbrella from the boy's hand and lifted it a little higher to match his height.

“That is mine!”

Riki only shrugged as he began walking, the other boy following beside him.

+++

Sunoo annoyedly took his umbrella from the stranger once they reached the building's roof. Half his left shoulder is wet from the rain.

“This isn't even the building I am going to,” he murmured as he quickly turned around and walk away.

He didn't even let the stranger say his thank you, if he's even thinking of saying it. The stranger looked arrogant and mannerless enough, as if he's superior to everyone.

Once he reached the right building, he kept his umbrella hanging on the corner as he tried squeezing the sleeve of his wet shirt. He grimaced as he saw his sleeve get all wrinkled and wet.

“What happened to you?”

Sunoo looked back at his best friend, whom is too lucky to have his first class in the same building for the rest of their class.

“Shared your umbrella to someone?” Jungwon asked as he stopped in front of his best friend.

Sunoo rolled his eyes, “I was forced to share it to some mannerless senior.”

Jungwon looked concern, “Who? Did they do something else?”

“Aside from getting my sleeve wet, he ruined my whole day.” Sunoo said, “Let's get to class already as we're already late.”

The two sophomore college students walk side by side to their next class.

Sunoo and Jungwon were friends since their elementary. Sunoo is actually a grade higher than Jungwon, but for some reasons, Sunoo stopped a year and waited for Jungwon. Now, they take the same course in college and even shares a dorm room together.