fifteen

Sunoo found himself walking on a familiar side road on the city, embracing himself with the thick winter coat he stole from Jungwon's closet. It is the third day of winter break and Sunoo got bored of spending his time alone inside the university dorms.

He started getting dizzy of the words written on the books he was reading, tired of the cup noodles he was eating and bored of the games he was playing. There was no Jungwon to talk to and no assignments to finish. So, he decided to come outside the university and go to wherever his feet will bring him.

It is the same street leading to his middle grade school. He has a lot of memories in this street together with Jungwon and his other friends—whom have turned their back at him after the rumour. It had such happy and painful memories at the same time.

He used to walk here to the bus station with Beomgyu, a senior transferee student whom he met at a dance school. Beomgyu had no friends since it is his first week on the school and Sunoo have decided to talk to him. They have learned they live on the same street and they started hanging out since then.

They became too close that even Jungwon started feeling the jealousy. He claimed to be Sunoo's first and only best friend. However, Sunoo and Beomgyu's closeness get even deeper until it started to get out of hand and someone started a rumour about it.

Sunoo knew who started the rumour, and the worst thing about it is he's someone he trusted the most.

“What the—” Sunoo almost curses when he felt a ball of snow hit his shoulder.

He turned around to see Riki picking up fistful of snow on the ground. When they met gaze, Riki sheepishly smiled as he let go of the snow and started walking towards Sunoo.

“Hi,” Riki greeted.

Sunoo rolled his eyes, “You could have just called my name.”

“And if it isn't you? I could have embarassed myself,” Riki said.

“What if I was a stranger and you dare hit me with a snowball?” Sunoo asked.

They walk side by side, following the street along with no exact location of where to go.

“Well, I can run,” Riki said.

Sunoo can only shake his head. This person has a difficult way of thinking.

“Is your house near here?” Riki asked.

“No.”

“What are you doing here, then?” Riki asked again.

Sunoo sighed, he thought this day will be peaceful.

“What are you doing here?” Sunoo asked back.

“I was bored alone at the apartment so I decided to come visit my friends here,” Riki answered, honestly.

“Apartment? You didn't come home for holiday?” Sunoo curiously asked.

Riki only shook his head.

“Me too,” Sunoo then speaks, looking away.

Silence surround them for the mean time. They just let their feet drag them from the snow-covered street to wherever. Until Riki stopped in front of a two-storey dance studio.

“Do you wanna come inside?” Riki asked.

Sunoo looked up and reads the name of the building. His eyes lingering on the words dance studio longer before he looked back at Riki.

“I don't dance,” Sunoo said.

Riki nodded, not knowing about the lie in Sunoo's words.

“You can just sit in the corner and watch,” Riki said.

Sunoo shook his head, “I'm actually visiting a café nearby. Maybe next time.”

“Okay,” Riki gave up.

They awkwardly looked at each other for a minute before Sunoo breaks eye contact and started walking.

“I'm sorry about the snowball,” Riki shouted. “Next time I'll just call your name, but you better not ignore me.”

Sunoo just gave a thumbs up, not even bothering to look back. Well, ignoring Riki is a must. Sunoo and Riki getting close to each other should not happen.

Other than Jungwon, Sunoo never let any guy get close to him again after the incident with Beomgyu. He will never allow to get himself bullied again with a rumor that he was gay. He was not and he will never be gay.

+++

A/N: The story line literally takes too long to have character relationship development. I myself is surprised I manage to write fifteen chapters and still my characters remained in casual relationship.

Hopefully, Riki and Sunoo's characters will be closer next week👀

tengyu_