thirteen

Jay hugged the kitten he have found crying for help on the side of the road. It has frozen milk on the side and is covered in thick but small blanket.

He was just passing by after buying some ink at the near school supply when he heard it meowing. He felt bad as he saw the kitten shivering in cold, even though it is already under the blanket.

The temperature have been continuesly decreasing as December entered its second week.

Heeseung is a veterinary student and he knew he could help the poor kitten. So, Jay took the kitten with him and showed it to Heeseung as soon as he reached home.

“Where did you find this kitten?” Heeseung asked, checking the kitten for any bruise.

“Near the university's gate,” Jay shrugged.

Heeseung nodded, “No wonder this kitten looked healthy.”

“It has a little blanket too, and a frozen milk,” Jay said.

“Someone is taking care of it, probably a student living in the dorms,” Heeseung said, his voice filled with assurance.

“Can we keep it?” Riki asked, watching from distance.

Riki has been the first person to greet the kitten. He hugged and kissed it even though Jay told him not to. Because of that, Jay got mad and scolded him until he promised he will stay away from the kitten unless Heeseung have already given it a proper bath.

Jay looked back at his half-brother, regretting it right after he met Riki's pleading eyes. He sure know how to get things on his way.

Ah, Jay wanted to say no. Heeseung have said someone is already taking care of the cat.

+++

Jungwon tiredly sat down on one big rock on an abandoned lot, sighing. Who knew it was possible to sweat in this cold weather?

He have searched the whole area and nearby places where his tri-color kitten could hide, but he cannot find it anywhere. He's been calling for it like a mad man, afraid that it had died somewhere in the cold. He was sure he left it covered in the blanket he gave, he even made it drink milk before he left to his class.

He was just away for three hours and his kitten disappeared.

There was only a week and two days left of class and Jungwon plans to take the kitten to their home for the holidays.

Jungwon looked up when he heard a small ‘meow’ from somewhere.

He saw a senior walking on the side road, holding a kitten of the same color as the kitten he was looking.

“Is this yours?” the senior said upon noticing him staring.

The senior, Jay, walks up to him. The cat snuggling into his chest, now it seems more clean and well-fed.

Jungwon shook his head, “She was a stray kitten I'm feeding here.”

“Can I just take this home, then?” Jay asked.

“Why? You don't seem like a cat person,” Jungwon asked.

“You're right, but it would be better for her to have a shelter than to shiver here in cold,” the senior argued. “My brother wants this, not me.”

Jungwon stared at the sleeping kitten, thinking deep. He wanted to keep the cat but the dorms doesn't allow pets. He can't also leave the kitten on their home because no one would take care of it.

“Only if I'm able to see her again,” Jungwon said, negotiating with the senior.

“You are always free to visit her in our apartment. You can always rest assure she is well-treated, Heeseung is a vet student,” Jay said, smiling thereafter.

Jungwon remembered the other senior whom kept on talking to him on the same place where they were now. Heeseung, the university heartthrob with deep affections for abandoned children.

Jungwon smiled back, “Okay.”

Jungwon stood up and reached for the kitten's small head. He gave it few and gentle pets before he stepped back.

“I should get going, I still have a class,” Jungwon said before walking past the senior, the smile never leaving his lips.

+++

AN: I should learn how to write a cliffhanger, I'm so bad at it.

Anw, this was a filler chap. But I just wanted to know, which ship do you prefer the most? Jaywon, Heewon, Heejake or Jakehoon?

Aside from Sunki, who amongst the member do you ship Riki too? And Sunoo?

What are your main ships? Mine are obviously Sunki and Jaywon. I either ship Jake with Hoon and Heeseung, while I ship Hoon with Sunoo at rare times. And Riki? He's bound to be with Sunoo, so no other ship for him lol. I also ship Sunjay at times, but I feel like Sunwon is all about friendship and bromance. For Heewon, I don't know. They're sweet and cool but I can't decide.

tengyu_