nineteen

“Please consider it, Sunoo,” his sister said, her tone pleading.

Sunoo ended the call right after, he turns off his phone and stared at the pile of books in a small table he and Jungwon used to do their assignments at midnight.

He just got back to dorms from Riki's apartment. From the moment he sat on the bed, he received a call from his sister. She was once again encouraging him to visit home for holiday. She wants to celebrate the holiday with their family complete.

Sunoo was thirteen years old when they last celebrated holiday with his complete family. His Mom was an overseas worker and his Dad is in Military. Every special occasion, it was either their Mom or their Dad is present and sometimes it's just him and his sister.

Although they rarely see their parents, Sunoo's family stays close and happy. They were contented with the little of times they could bond. Everything changes when the rumor of Sunoo being gay spreads.

Maybe it was because of his Dad's profession, or he just don't trust Sunoo when he said it was just a mere rumor. He was not gay. He was not dating Beomgyu or anything like.

“You don't have to deny it, Sunoo, just tell Dad the truth.”

“But I was telling the truth!”

Sunoo can never forget the look in his Dad's eyes. He does not believe in him. He kept on forcing him to tell them the rumor is real, even if he denied it million of times already. The look of disappointment in their eyes are still clear in Sunoo's memory.

Sunoo wiped the tears that fell from his eyes. Family betrayal hurts more compared to when Jungwon confessed to him that he started the rumor.

At least, Jungwon stood beside him and faced the consequences of his own betrayal. He defended Sunoo. Unlike the family who is supposed to believe in him, his family forced him to confessed he was gay even though he already said he was not.

+++

Riki turns off his computer after getting bored of playing. It has only been an hour and a half after Sunoo left the apartment and Riki already kinda wanted to see him again.

He needed someone to talk to, or at least someone to accompany him. He didn't know why and when did he started craving for that kind of attention, it is the first time.

Riki may be a trouble maker, he was always tagged as a rebellious attention seeker. But Riki also enjoys alone time like this. Playing computer games used to be enough to entertain himself.

He took his phone in his hand and opened his social media. He used to entertain himself with posting selcas and watch the number of likes increase. He enjoys reading some of the messages he received, it boosts his confidence.

Now, though, Riki searched for someone else's name. Trying his luck to find Sunoo's profile. He have tracked some of the profiles of Sunoo's classmate, scrolling through their followers and the people they follow.

Unlucky of him, he couldn't find anything.

So, Riki decided to stood up from his chair. He gets ready to get out and enter the university. If he cannot find Sunoo's profile, he'll just find Sunoo in personal.

+++

“Why is it so hard to find you on SNS but I can just wander around and easily find you on the street?”

Sunoo grimaced.

“How unlucky of me to see you again,” Sunoo murmured.

Sunoo just wanted to wander around the city again and enjoy his time alone. He wanted to clear his thoughts and just treat himself something sweet.

“You saying something?” Riki asked as he stopped in front of him.

“Are you following me?” Sunoo asked back, avoiding the freshman as he walk past him.

Riki followed behind him, “No, but now I am.”

“Can you please not?”

“Why?”

Sunoo sighed. Riki and his annoying persistence to ask about everything.

“Riki, I seriously don't want to pick a fight today,” Sunoo said.

“Me too,” Riki speaks.

“Can you not understand?” Sunoo stopped walking and looked back at Riki.

+++

Riki watched as Sunoo breathed deep as if calming himself.

“Leave me alone.”

Riki could hear the pleading tone in his voice, sounding as if Sunoo's close to crying. His face gives an upset expression, eyes glaring daggers.

Riki stepped back as Sunoo turned around and walk faster away from him. He watched from behind, purposely letting Sunoo walk away from him.

It's obvious that Sunoo really needed a time alone for himself. Riki can see the changes in his mood compared to his friendly side just this morning.

He was crying and Riki can clearly see how Sunoo wipes his cheeks even with the distance between them.

Riki then continued following Sunoo from a far. It was so random but he just wanted to make sure Sunoo is okay. He looks like he's been going through something. He wanted to be there if ever Sunoo needed someone.

He kept walking in the streetwalk, his eyes never leaving Sunoo. Not until he hears a car beeping from behind him.

Riki looked back, only to regret it a little later.

“Uhgh shi—” Riki groans in pain as he felt his body touched the cold cement road.

tengyu_