fifty

“I like you.”

Sunoo looked away.

He cannot bear to see the wide smile spreading across Riki’s lips. It looked as if the younger one had won the lottery.

Sunoo takes his hand off Riki’s grip, still trying to avoid any eye contact with the younger.

“I’ll call Jungwon,” Sunoo reasoned out as he turned around and dialed his best friend’s number.

The other line only rings but Jungwon never answered. Sunoo tried for three more times, but to no avail. Jungwon disappeared in a moment when Sunoo needed him the most.

He cannot stand the awkwardness with Riki. The younger one seems fine about everything but Sunoo is actually panicking inside.

Sunoo dismissed the confession he planned and practiced for a week when Riki declined his offer. This was not how he imagined this confession would be. This was very, very awkward. Although he already knew Riki likes him too, Sunoo still expects to hear the words. However, Riki doesn't seem to have a plan on saying it.

“He’s with Jay,” Riki suddenly speaks from behind him. “Here’s a proof if you don’t believe it.”

Riki showed him a picture sent by the junior. It was actually Jungwon holding a kitten, they were inside a coffee shop.

“I can’t believe he ditched me for Jay,” Sunoo whispered, quite annoyed.

Riki turned the screen of his phone off and pushed it back inside his pocket.

“Do you want to stay here or do you want to go somewhere else?” Riki asked.

Sunoo looked back up the stage, the same group still performing up there.

“Sunoo…”

+++

“Why?”

“I hate you, right now.”

Sunoo quickly looked back at Riki, finally meeting the younger’s gaze.

“This isn’t the confession I’m hoping to hear tonight, but it’s fine,” Riki said. “And the fact that you’re considering on meeting Beomgyu when I’m already here beside you.”

Sunoo looks away again.

“I hate how you only like me when I feel more than that towards you. I hate-”

“I hate you, too,” Sunoo said, cutting Riki’s words off. “You can’t even tell me how you feel but you have the guts to compare it to the words I confessed to you.”

“I hate you more,” Riki argued.

They both glare at each other.

Silence surrounds them both, before Riki breaks out into a fit of laughter. Sunoo only stared at him confused.

Riki reached for Sunoo’s hand and intertwined their fingers back again.

“Why do we hate each other so much,” Riki says. “All I know is I love you.”

Riki smiled at Sunoo, pinching the older’s blushing cheeks.

“Fine,” Riki then spoke. “Let’s meet Beomgyu backstage but you can’t hug him. No touch allowed.”

“Riki.”

“Hm?”

Love is a big word,” Sunoo said, as Riki guided him on the way backstage.

It is, and it’s something that Riki cannot describe. It was also new to him, too, but he was sure love cannot even define how he feels toward the older.

Riki was sure, it’s even more than love.

+++

 “Choose Heeseung over me…”

Jake held into Sunghoon’s hand tightly.

“How about you?”

“I’m fine,” Sunghoon spoke. “Just promise me you’ll make Heeseung happy, to the best that you can.”

“Why can’t it be the three of us?” Jake asked, the tears falling off his eyes.

Why is it so impossible to have both the person he dearly loves?

“I like you both,” Jake confessed, again.

Why can’t Heeseung love Sunghoon, too?

Behind the closed door stood a tall person who just got home, Heeseung.

tengyu_