forty-six

Jay stared at the ticket Jake was handing to him.

“I already have mine,” He said, taking the ticket out from under the keyboard of his computer.

“Didn’t you dislike attending music festivals that don't include your favorite artists?” Jake asked.

“But why are you giving me a ticket if you already know that?” Jay asked back.

“But why do you already have a ticket? That means you planned on going!” Jake says.

Jay heaved a deep sigh, suddenly feeling stressed.

“Why are you inviting me to a music festival, in which I know for a fact that it will be your second date with Heeseung?” Jay asked, cornering Jake from the questions.

Jake sits back on Jay’s bed.

“I’m asking Sunghoon to come too, but he wouldn’t come if you and Riki will not be there,” Jake said.

“You’re taking things too fast,” Jay said, not bothering to filter his words. “You’re being selfish, especially to Heeseung.”

“What should I do?” Jake asked.

“I thought finishing my presentation will end my hell week,” Jay heaved a sigh again, massaging his temples.

Jake remained silent.

“You should talk about it with Sunghoon first, you don’t even know what he really feels and you’re already trying to make a bold move,” Jay said.

Jake didn’t speak as he played with the ticket in his hands.

“Heeseung will receive the most damage if you push through your original plan. It’s not easy to have two of your most treasured people at the same time, sometimes you have to let one of them go,” Jay spoke again.

“I hate that I know you are right,” Jake says, slowly splitting the ticket in his hands. “Fine, I’ll talk to Sunghoon first.”

“I’m always right,” Jay shrugged.

“But why do you have the ticket if you don’t plan on attending the festival?” Jake curiously asked.

Jay let a small smile out, “No reason.”

“Liar,” Jake glared at him.

Jay then changed his expression to a serious one, “Get the fuck out my room already, I deserve a good rest after going through a stressful week.”

“I hope the nightmare visits you,” Jake said before leaving the room.

Jay only sticks out his tongue back at Jake before the latter closes the door. He then looked back at the ticket on the table, smiling as he remembered Jungwon giving it to him yesterday.

+++

“What’s this for?” Riki confusedly asked as Jake handed him a ticket out of nowhere.

He was only getting something to eat from the cupboard when Jake walked up to him and handed him the ticket.

“I’m inviting you to a music festival this Saturday, if you’re not busy,” Jake says.

Riki remained silent as he recalled the conversation he had with Heeseung the other day.

“Why? I don’t want to third wheel,” Riki said, giving the piece of paper back to Jake’s hand.

“Originally, I’m asking you, Jay and Sunghoon to come-”

“Are they coming?” Riki quickly asked.

Jake shook his head, “Jay will come but with another person.”

“What about Sunghoon?”

“He will come if you come too,” Jake said.

“I’m busy, I can’t go,” Riki quickly answered.

He knew Heeseung’s plan and he’ll not try to ruin it. Although he hates Heeseung because up until now, he’s still affected by the thoughts of Sunoo possibly liking Jungwon- Riki wanted Heeseung to finally step up his relationship with Jake.

Jake smiled, “I already know you’ll say that.”

The older then turned away as Riki hears a sound of paper getting ripped. Jake then threw it in the trashcan before he left the kitchen, leaving Riki wondering to himself.

Riki suddenly felt bad for Sunghoon, but then he remembered the things he overheard from eavesdropping on Jay and Jake’s conversation.

He sighed. He has overheard too many things in his life. The first one was the truth about his father.

“Jay will come but with another person-”

Wait, what…?!

tengyu_