thirty-eight

Jay knocks on the closed door as he patiently waits for a response that he knew he wouldn’t get.

It was actually a bit disappointing for him that Riki trusted Heeseung more than him- he’s the older brother in the first place. However, he still feels glad that Riki has one person whom he could tell his worries to. It’s not like Heeseung is keeping everything a secret from him, too.

Last night, Heeseung made sure to keep the door slightly opened for them to hear the conversation going on inside Riki’s room. He also made sure to tell it in detail at breakfast when Riki was still sound asleep.

“The food is in the fridge, come eat whenever you want,” Jay says.

The younger inside the room still didn’t respond. Jay didn’t know if he’s still fast asleep or he just wants to be alone.

Jay knew it must be hard for his younger brother to deal with everything right now, so he isn’t nagging him to come to school and such. Poor boy was very confused about his own feelings; he couldn’t even accept the obvious fact that he probably already fell in love with the sophomore.

Riki was in a denial stage, probably because he also couldn’t accept what he over-heard about Jungwon’s and Sunoo’s conversation.

Ah that, Jay made a mental note to ask Jungwon about it. He also hoped that there’s only a misunderstanding. Although he considers Riki’s feelings of wanting to be alone for the moment, any misunderstanding should be cleared right away. If there’s any, hopefully.

+++

Sunoo refreshed the page again and again as he waited for a response from the Administrative Office. He was asking for permission to be able to attend class physically again after he originally asked for a whole semester online classes last month. People change their minds like Sunoo.

After talking with Jungwon last night, Sunoo has finally decided it’s time to face his trauma. Although he isn’t sure if he’s able to face Riki right after his realization of his true feelings towards the freshman.

If Riki will avoid him, it will hurt but it will also be better, for now at least. Sunoo isn’t sure of how to address his feelings yet. He only wanted to get his confidence back, maybe have more friends and go back to dancing if still possible.

Sunoo felt his heart beat faster when somebody knocked on the door.

Who even would? The doors are never locked.

He stood on his bed and went straight to the door. He opened it wide only to find no one outside except one folded, expensive paper. He picked it up and looked left and right to see if the person who dropped it was still in the hallway.

He inspected the outside of the paper and found his name engraved at the very end of it. Sunoo then opened the expensive paper to see what’s written inside.

Three English words are messily written using a black tinted pen. It looked like it was written with no effort in it, the person who wrote it seemed to have shaky hands.

Not only is the paper expensive, the three English words written inside are something that is very hard to receive.

It didn’t even say who sent the small letter, but Sunoo feels emotional just reading it.

“I am sorry.”

+++

Riki sighs in relief when he sees Sunoo finally picking up the letter. He’s been knocking on that door for twenty times before the sophomore finally opened it, psh.

He remained looking from afar, trying to hide in the corner of the hallway wishing no one would come.

I hate Riki…

Those words genuinely hurt him but he’s also been feeling guilty. He must have really hurt the sophomore for him to be able to say it.

As much as Riki wanted to stay inside the apartment, his will to apologize is much stronger. At the end of the day, Riki decided to keep on choosing Sunoo over his own self. This answers the questions that kept him confused for a long time, and no, Riki will no longer deny it.

He definitely likes Sunoo, no matter if the sophomore hates him. And he will still choose him even if Sunoo will continuesly push him away. Riki will always choose to stay by his side even if he needed to hide to not get caught. That's how important Sunoo is to him.

+++

A/N

I'm loving the last two paragraphs too much! I'm definitely the type of person who will set aside (or, sacrifice) myself for my loved ones.

This author's note is to actually let you all know that the electricity was finally restored and the freaking exam isn't postponed. Next update will be on Friday and Saturday. We will return to the normal updates starting from Monday, then.

Fighting!

tengyu_