forty-nine

Riki really loved their discography.

This was Heeseung’s group in high school. There were five members including Heeseung and their group really was known for covering songs. When Heeseung went for college, the group went silent until one day, Riki heard they found another member to replace Heeseung.

They were still as great as they were before, but Riki still tries to imagine if Heeseung debuted with them.

Riki looked at Sunoo when he felt him moving from his position. Sunoo kept his eyes on the stage, barely seeing anything because of the jumping teens in front of them. He felt the older gripping tightly at the end of his shirt, as if he was a child afraid to be lost.

He let a smile out before he looked back up the stage. He watched as the rock band performed a little dance break from the stage, feeling amazed at how talented they were.

'Cause imagination
In that sky
The orange-glowing magic
Before it comes to an end

 “Riki.”

Riki looked back at Sunoo when he felt the older tugging on his shirt.

“Why?” he asked.

'Cause imagination
In that moment
Can you feel the rush? Can you feel the rush?
Freeze this moment

A person from behind Riki stumbles backward and accidentally pushes Riki forward to Sunoo. The older one was able to catch him in time, thankfully.

“I’m sorry!”

Riki almost didn’t hear the person’s voice as he stared at Sunoo’s eyes. Their faces barely have any spaces left. Despite the loud voices and the music blasting on the speaker, Riki could hear his heart beating loudly inside his chest.

I wanna stay here
(Can you feel the rush? Can you feel the rush?)
In the gap between the two worlds
I want to leave a trace of you and me

Riki traces his gaze down from Sunoo’s eyes to his lips, trying to control himself from moving forward. He looked back up only to see Sunoo closing his eyes already.

Riki couldn’t help but smile at the cute gesture. Who was he to decline Sunoo’s invitation?

I wanna stay here
(Can you feel the rush? Can you feel the rush?)

Riki inch closer to give Sunoo a soft kiss on his cheeks, but he made sure the end of his lips touched Sunoo’s shiny ones.

Not here, not now, Riki thought as he stood straight. The smile didn’t leave his lips as he watched Sunoo slowly opening his eyes.

At the hour between dog and wolf

I wanna be trapped in magic (Blue Hour!)

Riki felt satisfied once Sunoo inch closer to him, unconsciously trying to cover his blushing face using Riki’s body. The younger only wrapped his arms around Sunoo’s shoulder.

“Before we begin on our next song, I just want to greet everyone in the crowd!”

“And to our old friend watching from somewhere, Lee Heeseung!”

“Ehem…”

+++

“And to my high school best friend… I was informed he’s watching here tonight with his special someone.”