twenty-eight

Heeseung stared at the dark sky, watching a few visible snows falling down. The five minutes counting before the firework display seems like eternity.

He was sitting a few meters away from Sunghoon on the bleachers, while the latter sits too close with Jake. Heeseung didn't even know why he ended up here with these two. He just found himself being dragged by Sunghoon and forcefully made him sit there and wait for the firework display.

He sometimes look to his side and steal a glance at the couple, feeling the jealousy build up inside him. He was supposed to be that person sitting beside Jake. He was supposed to be that person side-hugging him.

Not Sunghoon.

Heeseung suddenly felt the regret of asking Sunghoon to keep an eye on Jake. He shouldn't have given Sunghoon a chance to get closer to him.

He didn't imagine it would end up like this.

“Why don't you come sit closer to us, too?”

Heeseung blinked, his gaze meeting Sunghoon's. He spaced out too much he didn't notice both boys are looking at him.

He shook his head, “I'm fine by myself.”

“If you say,” Sunghoon said before looking away.

Heeseung and Jake stared at each other a little longer before the latter looks away.

+++

“One!”

Sunoo flinched as he heard the loud shoutings of students in the field. He and Riki stayed on their place in the dark hallways.

“Oh shi—” Sunoo covers his ears when the firework display started.

Riki snickers from beside him.

When Sunoo has finally get accustomed to the booming sound, he looked up to feed his eyes a beautiful sceney of the sky filled with different colors.

He smiled.

It's his first time seeing this. Last year, he refuse to attend the winter fest and stayed inside the dorm alone. Jungwon has come with his blockmates and goes back at one in the morning. Jungwon have told him stories of how beautiful the sky was when it's filled with colorful fireworks.

Jungwon have asked him to come this year to watch this scenery above. But Jungwon is nowhere else to be seen, instead Sunoo is watching it with someone he never thought he could be close with.

Sunoo sighed, hugging himself at the feeling of coldness.

+++

Instead of the skies, Riki appreciates the beauty of the person standing next to him. Those precious smiles that he rarely see. The pureness and innocence in his face, as if he isn't going through some difficulties.

Riki may not know the story behind those lonely eyes, but he wish that one day he could see them sparkle too.

He steps closer, reluctantly closing the gap between them. His arms slowly finding its way on Sunoo's shoulder.

Sunoo looks back at him confusely, but Riki manage to look away and act innocent. Their closeness giving warmth to both of them, and thankfully Sunoo didn't push him away.

Riki only wish this moment would last.

He wished Sunoo would stop boxing himself up in thick walls and avoid people like Riki. He wished Sunoo would embrace another friendship other than Jungwon.

Friendship? It didn't sound right. Riki wished for more.

+++

“No way! Is Riki gay?”

The loud gasped made a couple of girls look at the place a girl is pointing at. A sillhouhette of two boys can be seen, they're too close with each other—both enjoying the colorful fireworks on the sky.

“Is that Riki?”

“It's him, look closely.”

“Who is he with?”

“I've seen him earlier with the sophomore, you know, that boy he keeps on following.”

“Are they dating? Look at them, they're too close!”

“I guess so? They wore couple shirts most of the time.”

“Yeah right! And they even spent the holidays together!”

“What's the name of the sophomore?”

“Sunoo? I'm not sure.”

“So...Riki is gay, huh?”

+++

A/N:

Welcome aboard!

We're finally on my favorite chapters.

It took me a lot of spacing out in class to figure out how I can make HeeJakeHoon happen. I'm telling you guys, it's not easy to suddenly make Heeseung and Jake like Sunghoon, so it'll take a while. I want to at least be realistic for once in my life.

tengyu_