five

Jungwon confusely looked back and forth the stairs and the corner where he left Sunoo earlier. He only left for three minutes to take the book he left at their classroom, and now that he's back he couldn't find Sunoo.

Where in the hell did he go?

The rain is pouring hard and he didn't have anything to cover himself aside from the book. Sunoo is the only one who always brings umbrella with him and they were supposed to share it. They are already five minutes late to their next class and they have a graded recitation today.

Jungwon grimaced as he watch the angry raindrops. There's nothing else he could do but to run the fifteen meters distance and get soaked in the rain.

Jungwon closed his eyes for a second, getting himself ready for the coldness of the water. He carefully step a foot outside, face grimacing as he watch his white shoes getting soaked.

And the water stopped pouring down his shoes.

Jungwon looked up, finding an open umbrella above his head. He then look behind him to find a senior holding the umbrella, Jay.

“You can take this, I still have an extra on my locker,” the senior said.

Jungwon didn't bother to decline as he took the umbrella in his hands.

“Thanks, I really needed it,” Jungwon said, “I have to go.”

He bowed at the senior before quickly dashing away.

On his way to the building, he saw Sunoo getting out of the other building not too far away from him. He's having the same annoyed look, like the same face he has after meeting the freshman he really hates.

That freshman must have forced Sunoo to take him to his building, again.

+++

“What happened to the two of you?” Riki couldn't help but ask when he sees Jay and Jake almost shivering in cold at the cafeteria.

Both of them were slightly wet from the pouring rain outside. Riki laughing as he sat in front of the two.

“If you didn't dragged that sophomore away, I shouldn't have given my umbrella to his friend,” Jay said, rolling his eyes.

“You have your own umbrella, why don't you just use it?” Jake asked Riki.

Riki only shrugged. The umbrella is in his locker and he doesn't want to bring it along with him anywhere. He could even lost his phone, how more of a useless umbrella?

Besides, it's fun annoying the sophomore. His reactions are real comedy to Riki, it becomes his daily dose of entertainment.

“I have shirts on my locker, the black ones,” Riki suggested.

“I am not wearing any of those,” Jay said.

“Then don't, I was just trying to help. How dare you reject it,” Riki said, voice sarcastic.

Jay only rolled his eyes at him.

“It's fine, Sunghoon's bringing us clothes,” Jake interfered. “You, brothers, should work on your bromanship. Why can't you get along.”

Riki and Jay only stared at each other.

It's not that they don't get along. If so, Riki wouldn't be there living with them. He won't be there sitting on their lunch table and having an small argument with Jay.

He and Jay may always start childish fight whenever and wherever, but Riki is very dependent to Jay. Riki may be an illegitimate child, but Jay never treated him like one. Jay is an older brother to him, although he might deny it if you ask him.

+++

Heeseung opened his locker. As always, it's full with different kind of snacks and letters. His locker has never been a place for his things, but a space for his fans to drop off their gifts and letters.

Usually, they give him kinds of flowers, letters and some snacks. He hates flowers the most, so to keep it away from his locker, he left a note inside saying he will not accept flowers. Instead, his fans should just give him snacks or letters.

Every afternoon, Heeseung checks his locker to collect the snacks and letters. He would never read them but he keeps it safe inside a box. Meanwhile the snacks, he's giving it to the children in an adoption center near the university.

He placed all the snacks in a clear plastic bag, leaving all the letters inside. One of the envelope stood out the most for it is his favorite color, and by the sticker on its opening.

He smiled as he took the envelop in his hand, opening it with full care.

It is a birthday invitation card.

He tucked it in his pocket before closing the locker.

He put on his cap before he leaves the university. The adoption center is only twenty minutes walk from the university, and going there to give snacks to children becomes his daily habit. Not only he feeds the children, he also gives food to some stray animals he meets on his way.

Heeseung spotted a familiar figure of a man from the side of the road, kneeling on the ground as he pets a familiar tri-color kitten. A soft smile played on his lips as he approached them.

“Why don't you just take her home?” Heeseung asked, stopping behind the boy.

“Dorms does not allow pets inside,” the boy simply replied, his hand carressing the kitten's small head.

“No wonder you waste time coming here to feed the poor cat every afternoon,” Heeseung said.

The boy stood up from the ground and faced Heeseung. He looked down to his hand where a plastic of snacks hung.

“Are you going to the adoption center again?” the boy asked.

Heeseung nodded, “Do you wanna come feed the children?”

“Nope,” the boy shook his head. “My friend must be looking for me already, maybe next time.”

“Sure,” Heeseung smiled.

The boy kneeled down once again to pet the kitten one last time before he walks back to the university. Heeseung's gaze could only follow the boy.

He's the only student who never treated Heeseung like ‘Heeseung’. He doesn't care about Heeseung's popularity and just talk to him casually. Whenever they meet at the university's library, the boy would just look away and avoids him.

This is the only place where he would talk to Heeseung, and Heeseung found it special to see someone treating him like he is an ordinary person.

Heeseung continued walking to the adoption center once he sees the boy entering the university's gate. The fond smile never leaving his lips.

tengyu_