twenty-six

“Riki left earlier than I woke up?!”

“Calm down, he's probably just inside the university.”

“Who let him?”

Sunghoon sighed, raising his arm to confess, “I just asked if he could buy me a coffee, okay? There's no reason to get mad.”

“After you all didn't tell me he—”

“He's fine now. He can walk normally, no more pain, no more damage. Stop over-reacting, I can see why Riki hates you,” Heeseung shushed Jay.

Sunghoon couldn't help but laugh.

“What time is the competetion?” Sunghoon asked the oldest, who was currently eating his breakfast before he leaves.

“At five, but you should be there half an hour earlier if you want a good sitting spot,” Heeseung said.

“Is Jake coming?” Jay speaks after making his own cereals.

Both Heeseung and Sunghoon shared a look. Sunghoon looks away and shrugged.

“He said he'll think about it,” Sunghoon said.

No one else speaks after the sentence. Sunghoon sat in silence, waiting for his coffee while the two older men peacefully eats their own meal.

But, the coffee is taking too long to arrive. Riki left almost an hour ago.

Another ten minutes passed and Heeseung finally left for their last band practice, leaving Jay and Sunghoon.

“Heeseung...” Jay speaks, breaking the silence between them two. “I can see he's a bit jealous about you and Jake talking.”

Sunghoon snickers, “He doesn't have a reason to, he asked me to do that.”

Jay shrugged, “It's based on my observation. He really is.”

Sunghoon traced the door where Heeseung left and stared at it.

“But were you only getting too close to Jake because Heeseung asked you to, or is there any other reason?”

Sunghoon looked back at Jay, their gaze meeting.

“I told you, Jay, I don't know,” Sunghoon said, “I don't really know. It's complicated.”

“I've read books,” Jay says, looking back at his bowl of cereals. “It's possible. What you're feeling is possible. Other people can feel it too.”

“How so? I was just confused.”

“It's like how we can all have multiple bestfriends at the same time, it's that feeling. So, don't think too much about it. Your feelings will settle down on its own,” Jay said.

Hope so, Sunghoon thought.

Just as then, the door opened again as Riki was finally back.

+++

“Can't you sit still?”

“No.”

“Riki, I swear!”

“Shut up, you two,” Jake interfered at the arguing brothers. “Riki let's exchanged seats.”

Riki sticks his tongue out at Jay before he stood up and sat on the end, while Jake sits between Jay and Sunghoon.

Jake ended up going back on the apartment, too, after feeling the guilt. Despite his broken heart, Heeseung is still a friend. He should at least be there to support a friend, right?

“Are you waiting for someone?” Sunghoon whispered to Riki.

The youngest keeps on scanning the forming crowd behind them. He keeps on looking back, moving a lot on his seat.

“Sunoo,” Riki answered.

“Sunoo? The sophomore?” Sunghoon asked.

“Have you two gotten close enough to meet here?” Jake asked, over-hearing the conversation.

Riki only hums, still looking at the peole behind them.

A voice resounded on the big speakers as the emcee greeted everyone. The show has begun, starting from a message of some important person and the funny introductions of the judges.

The university field has filled with excited students, even though half of them had no seats. The competetion suddenly becomes like a concert.

An hour has passed as the nights turn darker. Even with the cold weather, the students still find the concert-like competetion fun. The loud cheerings are echoing all over the place.

“If you leave, no one will notice,” Sunghoon said when noticing Riki still trying to look for someone.

Riki peeks at his brother who was texting on his phone. Only Jake and Sunghoon are giving the competetion an attention.

“Hey guys,” Jay suddenly stood up. “I'm leaving.”

“Where are you up to?” Jake asked.

“Back at the house,” Jay said.

The three boys nodded, Riki hiding a smile. Jay left right after. Soon enough, Riki followed leaving Jake and Sunghoon all to themselves.

+++

Sunoo looks around, standing on his toes trying to look for Jungwon. The students watching the concert-like competetion is no joke.

He sighed, giving up.

He should've held into Jungwon, or better if he stayed on the gazeebo eating his sweet cotton candy. He didn't like this crowd, only Jungwon wanted to watch the competetion.

Sunoo turns around, excusing himself to everyone blocking his way. He'll just inform Jungwon he'd be waiting on the gazeebo through text. He didn't want to stay longer in the middle of people like this.

If he was the old Sunoo, he may enjoy this hype as well. Or may be he was in the stage competing for the dance category. But eh.

Sunoo was too focused on exiting the crowd that he didn't notice a hand suddenly holding his. Until he finally got to breath fresh cold air, then he realize he was holding someone else's hand.

“Thanks.”

Sunoo looked behind him, a person was standing too close to him—and they're holding hands. Sunoo quickly withdraw his grip, pushing the man away from him.

“I'm glad seeing you here.”

The voice kinda sounds familiar, but the place they were in are kinda dark. The lights around the place are blocked by the group of students finding their own artistic way to get a better view of the stage.

Sunoo has to look closer, realizing it was Riki. He suddenly felt his heart beats fast. He looks around, what if Jungwon was watching from somewhere?

Riki held his hand again, this time dragging him to somewhere.

+++

Jungwon carefully stood over a chair in an attempt to get a better view of the crowd. He was lucky to find a seat for him and Sunoo, only to realized that Sunoo isn't following behind him.

He looks around the area, not minding about the complains of the students he was blocking.

It was until he finally spots Sunoo leaving the field with Riki holding his hands.

He smiled.

+++

A/N:

Oh—but Sunghoon and Jay's convo above👀

tengyu_